our beautiful beginnings

"a house made of cards and stupidly, us

even if you say it's a useless dream, just stay a little more like this..."

<><><>

bren was blind, in a sense. not in the usual way of not being able to see, but moreso in the way of bren being able to see too much. because in being able to see too much, bren was no longer able to see the simplicity and the ordinarity of true beauty, instead constantly focusing on the pointlessness of everything.

bren was exhausting to be around, physically draining, like some sort of vacuum that sucked all of the hues and happiness and air from the air.

even perry, bren's best friend, found it difficult to be around bren for more than a couple hours without wanting to commit suicide. and that says a lot coming from perry, the actual embodiment of sunshine and smiles and strangely also satan.

perry was very much the sun, shining and glorious yet also blazing hot and unforgiving when messed with.

that is when perry and bren eclipse, when perry steps down from the throne of innocence and is mingled with the darkness and ever lasting twisted beauty that is bren.

one would think that being polar opposites the two would naturally be enemies; it is after all the law of nature for the sun and the moon to forever be seperate. 

yet when an eclipse happens, even for the short time it lasts, the entire world is able to witness the meeting of the sun and the moon and how they oddly fit each other in the sky.