our beautiful blemishes part two

"you already bent and twisted me

so don't act like your sorry

but the one whose really twisted

it's not me, it's you"

<><><>

"kitten."

the bathroom door was locked, bren trying to force an entry and kitten now there too, meowing to perry who was still sobbing.

"kitten!"

perry choked on sobs but kept on whimpering and crying, a steady flow of saline tears being pushed out and drunken back in.

"g-go away."

bren was angry now, slightly hating perry for pushing away from bren.

but hearing the uncried tears was worse. hearing perry suppress everything just because bren had suddenly butted into the picture hurt.

bren knew perry had always made space to accommodate bren. sacrificed multiple times and left many opportunities behind with that same obedient, submissive smile as always, coupled with an, "it's fine, you have it bren." or an, "i'm sure there'll be lots of other jobs, besides this one didn't suit me anyway."

bren drifted through life because of a common impairment of anything that had the desire to work inside bren's body. perry drifted through life because of bren, forced to comply with how bren did things, or more accurately, how bren didn't do things.

until now bren had ignored all of this, but now change was catching up, ready to shackle bren to perry and the responsibilities owed to the other.

"kitten please."

perry complied because that's what perry always does.

the door squeaked and squealed as it opened, revealing a fully naked and unashamed perry.

usually perry would be frightened of being this exposed in front of bren; not because of fear of bren doing something, perry isn't stupid enough to flatter oneself in such a way. instead perry is frightened of bren judging the imperfections of perry's body. neither of the two are models, and perry will admit to owning some chub. chub which perry is usually proud of, however bren makes perry ashamed of everything.

having no idea how to deal with a hysterical perry, bren leads perry back to the shower, eager to wash the stress of the day off.

perry complied because that's what perry always does.

the two stay beneath the jets of water, perry clutching onto bren due to exhaustion after the minor breakdown previously, bren trying not to mind the close proximity of them, yet at the same time loving it.

bren is like the apartment because, 1) bren contains little cupboards within; billions of little secrets locked away in tiny places where perry can't get to, always on top of the shelf perry can see but never reach before eventually asking for bren's help and 2) bren is a juxtaposition same as the tiny kitchen and the spacious living room. somehow not being able to stand people yet depending on the touch of another to sleep or smile.

it would never be admitted but bren needed perry, and despite ignoring and taking the other for granted half the time, it was moments like these where bren needed perry as much as perry needed bren; moments when perry broke down, reminding bren that there was a limit to how far perry could be bent.

most of all bren was terrified that one day bren would bend perry so much that at that time perry would never bounce back.