our beautiful coffee

"even seeing each other for once

is now so hard between us"

<><><>

"do you like or need coffee?"

bren didn't really care enough to actually listen to the answer and perry didn't care enough to properly ponder the question but still simply nodded, head bobbing up and down, eyes not meeting bren's.

perry was just tired, and locking gaze with bren was exhausting, perry didn't exactly know why, but looking deep into the two blue, misty and dropping eyes of bren was tiring.

bren sat back, with a sour expression, listening to the slurping of coffee up perry's straw. 

that was another oddity that belonged to perry, being unable to drink anything without a straw, this was coupled with being unable to sleep unless perry undid the covering of the duvet and slept inside it, sort of like a sleeping bag.

perry got up, slowly, carefully, shakily and left.

bren continued to scowl and thought over the complexity that was perry.

the aura that surrounded perry was one of a child, innocent and beautiful, fragile and naïve. it was annoying, infuriating almost because bren was one of the only people to know the duality of perry.

some saw it, but only glimpses, mainly as they were being used for a good couple of minutes, but bren knew it well, the ravenous, greedy beast that had grown inside of perry until it became perry's inner self, the outside remaining childish and naïve.

bren got up quickly, carelessly, shakily and left, throwing the cold beverage away, untouched.