Chapter 16- The town that Burns with Love

Brianna's POV

I hold my arm in pain. I think I broke it... I think to myself.

I look up to see the town burning, but everyone's fine with it?

We all start heading towards the town.

"Uh, You do know your towns burning, right?" I ask an old frail woman.

"We know. It happens whenever a baby is born." She answers. "Why?" Delaney asks.

"You girls must not come from here. Love is a bad thing in this world. And God punishes us when its shown." She says.

"WHAT!!!! BEING A CHRISTIAN, THATS STUPID!" Fiammentia screams.

 "Well, we cant stop it. We've begged, pleaded, died, moved, no matter what. When love is shown, the town burns." 

And she just walks away.

"We need to stop this....." Shula says.

"It's not right!" Anna exclaims.

"It isn't," I say. 

"Let's save these people," Delaney says raising her fist.

"Yea!" We all say and I raise my fist than immediately put it back down in pain.

"Brianna, Are you sure your ok?" Anna asks.

"I think all that weight on my arm really damaged it. It might be broken." I say.

"Then let's get you to a doctor," Delaney says,  I smile my agreement.

Just then Jessica starts barking like crazy.

"What is it, girl?" We ask. She starts pointing her nose down and barking. Not listening.

We look at each other and shrug, they start calling her and she then walks with us but is growling very lowly in that same spot.

"She's trying to tell us something, guys," I tell them. "We know that bri, but we can always come back. Your arm is broken and needs care."

"I can get care later. Our lives are at stake no matter what. Our social life is at stake. She's helping us and I'm gonna listen to her." I say and start telling her to lead me to the spot.

I put my ear to the ground and hear very slight crying.

"Someones down there!" I exclaim.

We start stomping the ground and a hopscotch type format appears with writing. "It reads, If you wish to enter then you must complete the puzzle. For every riddle that is correct, you get another riddle. There are Five riddles, here is your first." I read

"I'm filled with memories that are not my own." Delaney reads and two images appear. One of a Hat and another is of a Glass Pane.

"The hat!" Shula exclaims. "Jessica?" And Jessica somehow understood and jumps on the Hat. On the other Tile, another Riddle appears.

"I can fall, but never rise." Anna reads.

Then an Umbrella and Raindrops appear on the two other tiles.

"The Raindrops are most logical," Fia says. And Jessica jumps on the Raindrops. Another Riddle appears.

"I Grow and Grow and Grow, but I cant fall." Fia reads. A mountain appears and a person. "it  says Grow not go up, right?" Anna guesses and Jessica jumps on the mountain. We all sigh a relief.

"Whats Greater than god, more evil than the devil, the poor have it, the rich need it, you eat it you die." Shula reads one of the tiles it blanks, another is of Fire.

"I'm guessing the Blank tile refers to nothing so, Jessica, jump on that one!" Delaney exclaims.

Jessica jumps on that one and the last riddle appears. "Who makes it has no need for it, who buys it has no use for it, who uses it can neither see or feel it,  what is it?" I read.

"A coffin? I mean, the coffin maker makes them not uses them. The person buying it buys it for the person using it which is the dead body and since they're dead, they can see or feel it." I say and they all shrug in agreeance.

Jessica jumps and then the floor reads. "Jump down the hole, you have the greatest of knowledge." And a hole is created. We all jump in, Shula holding Jessica.

We land in water, "I can swim so well guys!" I say while they dry off, forgetting my arm is broken. Jessica jumps in, putting her under my useful arm. and she pulls me to shore.

"Sorry Bri, uh, where are we?"Delaney asks. "WELCOME TO M-" A man is cut off. And he just stares at Delaney, like he's seeing one of those slow mow animations where the person has sparkles around them and look hot.

"Dude!" He then wakes out of his trance once I yell in his ear. He pushes me out of the way and grabs Delaney's hand, kissing the back of it. "What is your name Beautiful, My name is Conner. I haven't seen you before? You were able to get in too. Pretty and smart." He compliments and puts his arm around her waist, leading her throughout what looks like a wannabe lair.

"What...."

BAI!

BRI OUT!

DONT KILL ME DELANEY!