Prologue

I was running, tears running down my face, blood all over my body. Most of it was mine, some of it not, but all said the same thing. I was clutching a book in my hand. The book of The Time Lords, containing all of our secrets. My final act to try and fix what I had done, but I knew it wouldn't be enough- no where near enough- to fix the damage I have caused to our people.

"EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" The Darleks yelled behind me as a flash of green light passed by me, making me scream. I sped up, not wanting them to catch up with me.

As I ran out of the building, I grabbed a gun from the body of a soldier from the ground. I noticed something else though, a Vortex Manipulator. I looked both ways to check if anyone was coming, other than the Darleks behind me. I could hear them coming, so I dropped the gun and pulled the Vortex Manipulator from the soldiers lifeless arm, strapping it onto my own, tapping in the coordinates of the nearest refugee camp.

There was a flash of green light coming straight towards me. It hit me square in the chest as I vanished from the war-zone of Gallifrey, leaving my life behind.

I landed in a Forrest on my front in pain. I was dying. I needed to regenerate. Fast. I managed to pull myself onto my feet and let the regeneration energy flow through me, repairing my dying body.

When it was over, I felt good as new.

I immediately threw my hand up to my neck and sighed in relief. It was still there. The neck-less was still there. My mother had given it to me when I looked into the Time Vortex. It was a tradition on Gallifrey to be given a piece of Jewellery when they return to show that they are prepared. I remembered the day I did look into the Time Vortex . It was horrible. I was only eight years only eight years old. I ran away crying from it. It scared me. Now, it had just saved my life.

I looked around me to find the book. It was a few metres away from me, open on a page showing the inside of a Time Lord. The two hearts, the four heartbeats, the regeneration cycle. I would have smiled, but given the circumstances, I didn't. I picked it up and looked around me. This wasn't the refugee camp, this was Earth.

I am Toriexter Crysturl. 563 years old. The last ever Time Lord.