The Gun In My Suitcase

"The Tardis is programmed to create the perfect room, ideal for you. In your case, most of it is dedicated to book shelves." He said, placing the two suitcases on my bed. I did the same and folded my arms. 

"Do you have a problem with that? Because I have a really thick hard cover book which I could use to beat some sense into you." I smiled as he put his hands up. 

"Hey, I love reading. I even have an entire library on here. And a swimming pool. Well, it's in the library." He said with a smile.

"You have to show that to me at some point." I smiled back at him. He put his hands in the pockets of his trench coat. I had noticed that this seemed to be a bit of a habit for him.

"I will. Tomorrow. After we've been somewhere." He smiled again, the smile reaching every part of his face. It made his eyes seem a lot younger. Made him seem more happy with his life than it seemed.

To me, the Doctor seemed like someone who would offer support when you needed it, never asking for anything in return. Never thinking twice about helping someone. Never caring whether that person was important to someone else. To him, everyone was important. It was really reassuring.

"I'll leave you unpack then." He said, turning to leave. 

"Wait." I called after him. He stopped, turning around again. "I have something that you should have. I should return it to the Time Lords, but I can't do that, can I?" I smiled, unzipping the suitcase and digging through it to find The Book Of Time Lords. I couldn't keep it with me. It had to go to someone that didn't have any connection other that the fact that it was the biology of them. If I kept it, it would be a reminder of my betrayal. I had to let it go. I had to give it to him. 

I found it at the bottom of the suitcase, covered in all of my other books. I turned to him and realising that he was at my elbow, looking over my shoulder at all the scattered books. I held The Book Of Time Lords in my hand, a thick layer of dust on it. I looked down at the gold lettering, thinking that it looked like it should have around in the 1800's. Possibly earlier. I looked up at him and saw that his eyes were full of pain. I sighed. 

"If you don't want it, you don't have to have it." I said, looking straight into his eyes. I knew the pain it would cause him. I was being selfish, and he knew it as well. 

All of a sudden, his burst into a warm smile. I frowned to him. 

"What are you smiling about?" I asked. He tapped the side of his nose and grabbed the book out of my hand, taking long strides out of the door. Damn him and his long legs. I ran after him, asking him questions as I did. 

After taking a lot of turns and corridors, I found that we were in the control room again. He went over to the opposite corridor and went straight through it, purposefully ignoring my questions. However I did catch a smile creeping on his face. 

We walked through a door. I was still asking questions. That stopped when I realised that I was surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of bookshelves crammed to the brink with books from all over the universe. Some were even from Gallifrey. I stood in awe as my brain immediately said to me, read them all. I turned to him,my eyes wide with admiration. He had a huge grin on his face. 

"Can I?" I asked eagerly, forgetting about The Book Of Time Lords for a brief moment. He looked on the brink of laughing.

"Of course. Take any book you want. As long as you put it back." He gestured towards the bookcases. I smiled like a child in a chocolate factory. I literally power walked straight down the middle, looking up at the 11 feet tall shelves in awe. 

"Mind out for the swimming pool." He warned. I looked down abruptly and saw that I was standing on the very edge of the swimming pool. I should have fallen in, but the training had taught me to have perfect balance. I saw my reflection staring back at me. Her curly blond hair messier than ever, her blue eyes eager to read every single last word in every single last book in this library.