「Yakagi Suimei, a magician」

-Felmenia Stingray was one of the court mages of the Astel Kingdom.

As she was born as second daughter of Count Stingray, she was a young noble lady that had been raised without inconvenience. Later on, she had been found out that she has an extraordinary magical potential at young age so she progressed to study magic under an old mage that called <<the Sage>>. She will soon became a prodigy who seeks the truth of magic by the guidance of the Sage.

It had been ten years since she started learning the mysticism from the old mage. After learning the basics of magic from <<the Sage>>, Felmenia was quickly initiated all secrets of magic which had a value of thirty years worth of magic researching at least.

Because of that, she was told;

||There is no more that I can teach you. Follow through with your own wits and magic.|| - <<the Sage>>

Her life then became more hectic compared to the time she spent the time studying under the old mage. There was magic research of course, but also she had been appointed as the youngest court mage, lot of jobs had been entrusted to her and there also countless number of party invitations came to her. New experiences like numerous unfamiliar jobs, tea parties with noble ladies, typical noble dances and escapes from magical dungeons kept piling up.

This lifestyle without even sparing time for sleep, was harsh and painful, but so fulfilling that she could forget all the hardships. So much that she already felt a sense of accomplishment. Right now, she was living with a fulfilling life. Not in the birdcage of a noble lady, but as a working gear of this kingdom.

A few years after she left the old mage's apprenticeship, Felmenia made a great discovery. In the middle subjugating high ranking monsters and devils as one of her job as a court mage, she successfully discovered the principles of flame which no one had acquired before.

Felmenia finally attained the truth at the tender age of eighteen. All truth about the flame. Yes, she had found that the white flame that burns all things in existence.

Soon trembling out in delight, Felmenia reported this truth to her own master and His Majesty the King. Her teacher showered her with unprecedented praised and astonishment for her great achievement even the King Majesty granted her words of praise.

At this moment, she found the meaning of her life. Her continued efforts in searching for herself truly paid off. And it solidified her resolve to continue on the path of magic.
After that, Felmenia had achieved numerous contributed acts in the kingdom while she pressed on with magic. From the subjugation of the devils in the north through to the extermination of the giant monster in the desert downwards to the magic reformation studies in the kingdom and the establishment of an academy to advance it.
Her achievements earned her praises from all sides. Received the people's gratitude, her colleagues jealousy and her parents expectation were the greatest honor for her.

And by now, Felmenia was recognized as one of the best mages in the Astel Kingdom.

However, she couldn't even lift a single finger in front of the boy standing right before her eyes despite holding the valid title of the strongest mage in the Astel Kingdom.
A full moon glows in the dark sky covered by countless star. And under the full moon at the courtyard of the Camelia Castle, the seat of King Astel, the boy in front of her opened his mouth really stumped.

"...Oh boy. I can't advocate tailing someone and snooping around. So I don't think it is a good hobby, only a pitiful and foolish stray sheep that doesn't know the world yet was allowed to do that." - Suimei

This boy was speaking in an unfamiliar terms, was one of the two people who were summoned together with the Hero Reiji. Unlike the girl, who had agreed to defeat the Devil King together with the Hero, the extremely ordinary boy had denied the King's request in front of the assembled company and demanded to be send back to his own world.

||Like you can see- I'm an ordinary guy. I've no special power, so I can't fight any monster or devils, much less the Devil King. I can't fight. Don't drag me into it. Send me back.|| - Suimei
After saying that, he was confined in a given room. That was happened a few days ago.
The girl had mustered her courage even while appearing to suffocate from the fear and confusion after the sudden summoning, and loudly announced to accompany the Hero. But on the other hand, the boy was gossiped by the cabinet ministers, generals and even castle guards as disgraceful, despicable, egoistic and scumbag after he stubbornly emphasized to be send back to his world.

Yet, this is the current situation.
The white flame, her utmost pride up till now had been erased by the boy with a casual snap. And right now, he stood in front of her while emitting a serene magical power and a chilly daunting aura.

"-Okay, can I go next, Miss Mage?" - Suimei

At this moment, Felmenia Stingray realized how foolish she had been.

...The boy was most likely strong and clever. His appearance was a farce. The ones, who took this pitiful bystander for a fool, were actually fools themselves. He was that cunning. And his strength was dizzying high to put into words.

This boy was a monster, who had reached an even higher level of magic than her teacher, with numerous secret skills that she could never hope to beat on spot and had an absurd knowledge that would even allow him to kill the Hero, who was granted a tremendous power from the divine protection of the [Hero Summoning], with a snap of his finger.
He was a genuine mage without a doubt.

"...Who are you?" - Felmenia

She asked with a trembling voice, whereupon the boy fiddled bored-looking with something on top of his hand-

"Yakagi Suimei, a magician." - Suimei

and named himself for the first time.