Enticing Ultramarine

Calmly, Suimei removed his quicksilver sword from Raikas' throat. Raikas dropped to the floor, gasping for breath.

"Haaa... ha... shit..."

"Ugh..."

Behind him Enmarph fell to the ground, completely exhausted, a consequence of his mana having been drained.

Victory. Their contempt and ridicule had been returned in full – complete and total victory. Generally, upon their victory, adventurers would revel in the joy of triumph, but today's victor did no such thing. Calmly, he canceled the magic enchanting his mercury blade, allowing it to return to its liquid state.

Next, as if time were rewinding itself, the flowing mercury returned itself to the vial from whence it had come.

Dorothea, the guild's representative witness for the battle watched the two fallen adventurers in amazement.

"Uwa... He really beat them both at once..."

Her face was frozen in shock, so unexpected was the outcome. Her fellow spectator, Lefille, unsurprisingly bore a warrior's gaze. She watched Suimei with a fixed gaze, her unmoving eyes seemingly scrutinizing a skilled warrior who she couldn't be careless around.

Suddenly, that serious expression vanished, replaced by a gentle smile.

"...Magnificent."

This word of praise weakened the serious aura that continued to emanate from her person.

Dorothea approached Suimei.

"Suimei-san. What an amazing battle that was! You fought against Raikas-san and Enmarph-san at the same time and completely overwhelmed them. There aren't any other Mehter guild members right now that could replicate such a feat!"

"Thank you very much. But really, I just managed to use a few of the techniques that I'm pretty good with."

His modest tone, which implied that this outcome had been a stroke of luck, provoked a look of envy from Dorothea, as well as a retort.

"What're you being modest for? You're an amazing mage! Even when compared to the mages of the mages' guild, something of this level puts you on par with the very most skilled mages! Isn't that right, Lefille-san?"

"Yeah. I'm not that familiar with what the strongest mages of Mehter's mages' guild are like, but from what we just witnessed, your skills are definitely at a high level."

Lefille's words piqued Suimei's interest.

"...On that note, if you two were to compare me to other strong mages you know, how do I match up?"

Suimei expressed his interest in the mages of this world. He'd just boasted that the magic of this world was decidedly inferior, although if speaking solely about how magic was wielded, that wasn't necessarily the case. Truth be told, he didn't have a clue just how strong the very most powerful mages of this world were.

If the conditions included a magic that was practiced and familiar and a large mana capacity, then pouring in tremendous amounts of mana into said magic would effect awesome results, resulting in a magic of such scale that it would shock anyone. Additionally, when the fact that elements were utilized as a magic catalyst into the equation, then the power would likely be even greater.

That, of course, was providing that this magic was used in battle—

His question seemed to make Dorothea happy.

"So you care about this kind of thing too, huh, Suimei-san? I guess you are a guy, after all."

"Yeah, I guess. ...So?"