「Until Friend's Departure」

It's been two weeks since Suimei and his friends were summoned into this world and had been tasked with destroying the Demon Lord. Even now, Reiji is still undergoing training and will leave in a few days.

While the training is steadily progressing, Suimei is in a room reading books. Most of the genres are varied and almost everything he can get his hands on. The reason is of course to collect information about this world. He still remembers freshly the other day, when they were told that they can't return home. And so, they are forced to live here.

Even though he hated being summoned before, he doesn't care now or more likely, he doesn't have the time to care. There are things he must do now no matter what.

That is of course, collecting information.

The majority of the books he's studying include Law, Unwritten Law, Culture, Fundamental Knowledge, and the existence of the previous world. As mentioned before, they have to live here now. Resisting blending into this world's lifestyle will only bring trouble.

It's unknown whether it's caused by the Hero Summoning or not, but they can understand this world's language. Because of that, he can read the books. The information he has collected here has become quite a lot.

And then, the book Suimei is reading right now is about a hero who succeeded God's power and defeated the dragon that plunged the world into darkness. It seems this hero's story is an orthodox one that is widely known. While taking a breather, Suimei is reading this book.

It seems he became interested and didn't realize that he kept turning the pages until he finished it. Eventually, the hero destroyed the dragon and returned home and brought happiness to the world. It sure is a happy ending.

"Hero huh..." - Suimei

While muttering, Suimei close the book.

Well setting aside this Hero, the current Hero right now is training with Mizuki who was insisted upon going with him. They are now undergoing the training of Astel's Imperial Guard's Knight Captain and the Imperial Sorcerer. They got sword and combat training from the Knight Captain, and all kinds of magic from the Imperial Sorcerer.

Even though he felt that two weeks was unreasonable, he kept his mouth shut, in a good way.

"Haa..." - Suimei

Suimei sigh out loud while thinking about Reiji.

Sometimes he can see the training from the window. He got the info from Reiji and Mizuki who visited him twice a day. From the info, though little, it seems harsh.

Reiji was just a normal human in the previous world. Of course, upon receiving sudden war training, he got beaten up. But, it seems this only applied for the first two days. On the third day, he was already able to fight on par with the Knight Captain, and able to handle multiple opponents.

Suimei didn't know if this is because of the Hero's Blessing or not, but the growth rate is unbelievable. If he were to put it, it's like a sponge. Not how a sponge absorbs water, but how a sponge pumps out water.

Seeing that, of course, he felt his efforts were being denied, and felt sad.

"That's totally cheating, definitely." - Suimei

It was also remarkable even in Magic. Reiji can do what took Suimei 2 years in just 3 days. Only 3 days!

Suimei didn't even want to look at it anymore.

"Umu..." - Suimei

Suddenly, Suimei heard footsteps and felt a magic presence. It seems they are coming this way, it's probably visitors.