「The Court Mage's Skepticism」

It has been two days since Hero Reiji accepted the task to subdue the Demon Lord. Imperial Mage Felmenia Stingray will be teaching Reiji and Mizuki by the order of the king.

And now, she's would be teaching Reiji.

"It can't be... Hero's teacher..." – Felmenia

She's grumbling while walking, but inside her heart there is joy. After all, out of all the senior mages, she was chosen to teach the hero who will save the world.

To think that she will be teaching the Hero, she can only chuckle. This means that she is trusted more than the other Court Mages, and that the King has high expectations of her.

"Fufufufu." – Felmenia

She can't hold her laughter. She's glad there's no one around. She always has a serious persona, if the others see her laughing, it would be very embarrassing.

Setting that aside, on the subject of teaching, it seems that in the world Hero Reiji came from, there's no magic. That's why we're teaching him magic now. She can still remember when they were summoned, and when they saw magic for the first time. She clearly remembers their sparkling eyes.

When she asked about Hero Reiji's world, it seems in exchange for Magic, they have a science called technology that everybody can use. It helped the civilization evolve. It was interesting. If they have time, Felmenia would like to hear more.

And then-

"Is that Suimei?"- Felmenia

Suimei was standing there at the corridor.

Suimei Yakagi. An average person. Black hair, gentle eyes. Nothing more than that. He shows great wisdom when he's together with Reiji. That guy is walking ahead of her, but turns at the corner towards a different destination.

While seeing this, she thinks. The place he's going is the north side of Camelia. There's no kitchen nor toilet nor Reiji there. Why the hell is he going that way?

(Wait... I heard that Suimei was always holed up in his room after that dispute in the audience chamber.) – Felmenia

She doesn't know much about his circumstances since she hasn't talked with him much. She heard that he only leaves to go to the toilet or to meet with Reiji and his friend.

She thought that, because he was summoned here suddenly, he was scared and holed up like a little boy.

"If so, what is he..." – Felmenia

The north building is a place that people rarely go. Seeing this, Felmenia becomes interested.

Then, she realizes something.

(There's still time until the meeting. Then, I guess I will take a look for a bit.) – Felmenia

And so, Felmenia decides to follow him. It's not only because she's interested, it's also because she has the responsibility to stop him from doing anything bad.

Not only that, that boy Suimei is keeping secrets to himself. That's why she has to watch his movements.

(That's right, when we greeted them, Suimei-dono was certainly...) – Felmenia

That time, he tried to use magic. Out of those three, he's the only one who could use magic. No one noticed this but her.

Yet the magic was canceled right away and he pretended nothing happened. But there's no mistake, it was magic.

Hero Reiji said that there was no magic in his world. In exchange, technology spread all over the place and helped civilization. Buildings were lined up neatly, and they could travel to the moon.