My Duty is...

A few days after the events in White Garden, Felmenia Stingray was summoned to the audience chamber by King Almadius. The reason was, of course, to hear about Hero Reiji's progress in learning magic. He wanted to hear it from the teacher herself.

The king heard about it from other people as well, but the details were like "Mass of Talent", "Magic Genius", "World's Best", and other such vague descriptions. The details were not clear. It might be that he's strong beyond comprehension. Anyway, as the person who sent him, he had the responsibility to know the details.

He wanted the hero's teacher, Felmenia, to report. Felmenia, wearing a white robe and kneeling before him, was going to evaluate Hero Reiji and Mizuki Anou.

In short, Hero Reiji's talent was extraordinary. His magic power alone was 10 times stronger than the Court Mage's. There were still a few problems with his control and technique, but she thought that his comprehension speed when learning magic was weird. About Mizuki Anou, even though she didn't have that much power compared to Hero Reiji, she had a similar ability. Regarding her ability to comprehend and express magic, she was probably on par with the Hero without the Hero's Blessing.

"That's all. I'm impressed by Hero Reiji's and Mizuki Anou's progress. They will someday be on par with other countries' top mages as well." (Felmenia)

Lastly, to finish Felmenia's compliment, the king asked a joke.

"Will they surpass you?" (King)
"If it's Reiji-dono, maybe." (Felmenia)
"Is that so. I'm relieved. If Reiji-dono's talent is that great, then I have no worries." (King)
"Yes. I'm surprised as well. It's only been two weeks since he first experienced magic, and he's already on par with an intermediate level mage. 'Hero that is chosen by the world' is not just a title. As a mage myself, I must say I'm jealous." (Felmenia)

Said Felmenia silently. She dropped her face a bit. Even though she didn't express it clearly, since she spoke honestly about being envious, it was shown on the surface a bit. Not surprising. According to what she said, Hero Reiji's growth couldn't be put into words anymore. To have made Felmenia, who was known as a genius, say such words, it was probably cruel.

"That might be so, but if he doesn't have at least that much power..." (King)
"I agree with Your Highness, the demon lord wouldn't be defeatable." (Felmenia)
"Fumu." (King)

The king nodded in agreement. Having heard the hero's progress, he wanted to give thanks to Felmenia who had helped him until now.

"Mage, Felmenia Stingray, I have heard the circumstances. Three days until Hero Reiji's departure. Until then, give it your best." (King)
"As you wish. Then, I will be leaving..." (Felmenia)

After Felmenia paid her respects, she tried to leave...

But, she couldn't hear agreement from the king. Instead, the king opened his mouth as if there was still something else...

"Felmenia, there's someone else I want to ask you about, is it fine?" (King)
"Y-Yes." (Felmenia)
"About that boy, Reiji-dono's friend, Suimei-dono." (King)

There, the king mentioned Suimei's name.

That's right, other than Felmenia's report; the king was also interested in Suimei. He also used magic inside of castle while strolling. But, the king feared Felmenia and Suimei's confrontation the most. It had been a few days since that conversation. He wanted to ask whether anything had happened...

"Su-Suimei-dono?" (Felmenia)

As if not expecting such question, Felmenia panicked a bit. Though she didn't intend to let out such a small voice, the king asked her.