chapter 15

Guruji was panting by the time he reached the last step ,down to the workshop under the armoury. ..He stood leaning on the shoulders of Ranjith to catch his breath. ..

Though it wasn't summer, inside the cellar, it was hot and dry. ..

  An acrid metallic smell hung in the air. ..

Fire from the blazing furnaces and the din of hammer striking anvil made it appear like hell. ..

" I would've handled this. . .  Guruji " 

Ranjith said in a pity full tone. ..

Guruji wiped the sweat from his forehead with his angavastra and smiled. ..

" I know you would have Ranjith. ..but there are some duties I must accomplish how so ever. ...it's about Suman's life. .."

   As they approach the chamber, the din died away and the soldiers scrambled up to bow to guruji. ..

  Vela who was checking the sharpness of a spear, rushed to guruji and bowed low to him. ..

" how is the job going vela. .."

Guruji enquired and assessed one of the swords. ..He disappointedly rechecked the sword. ..

" vela. .this sword seemed to be too brittle. ..it weighs lesser. ..i am afraid that it may not  be efficient for a heavy strike. .."

His words echoed his doubts. ..

" I do agree guruji. ..These swords are lesser in weight and quite lengthy than the normal ones. ..they are easy to handle...it can be  hidden easily. ..and importantly, they are as strong as the normal swords. ..they would injure the opponent deeply but not dangerously to threaten their life. .."

   Vela explained to satisfy guruji. ..

" is this Shravan's idea. .?"

Guruji asked. ..

" undoubtedly. ..He didn't want unnecessary deaths "  vela replied without any hesitation. ..

His chest swell with pride thinking the positivity of his master shravan, who had a thought  about the opponent too. ..

Guruji could feel his sense of pride and smiled satisfactorily. ..

Guruji wiped his sweat. ..the heat was unbearable and the weapons were shining with the heat. ..His old age made him to be tired. ..

  Yet, he gathered himself to inspect the whole chamber once. ..

Everything marked his expectation satisfactorily. ..even then, he lack confidence somewhere. ..

'Shravan had devised a war tactics within him ..He had  changed the traditional methods of  defending and fighting. ..He revolutioned everything from the weapons to safety measures. .how would the enemy react ....I believe his intelligence. ...I should learn to be patient. ..'

Guruji  sighed...and made his mind to set calm. ..

  By the time, guruji and Ranjith reached the courtyard, they received the message from shravan  that summoned everyone at the royal court. .

------------------------------------------------------

    Shravan's face looked confused. ..His eyes were fixed at the distant view through the window. ..

'Just now he had recovered from the fatal blow. ..what's the need of arranging this meeting now. .did he got any unexpected news. .?"

   His increasingly strange behaviour frightened guruji. ..there was a long silence in the hall..he decided to initiate the conversation. ..