chapter 17

" vela. ...did you see Ranjith. .? "

Probably, vela was the fifth men shravan was enquiring about Ranjith. ..

  " no shravan. ..I haven't seen him. ..everything alright. ? "

A scare rose in vela. ..

" nothing serious vela. ..I just asked. ..carry on. ..."

   shravan  patted his  shoulders. ..Vela left with a smile. ..

Shravan reassured himself that he might be around somewhere. ..

   He was on his way to his private chamber. ..He stood at the corridor  since Suman's room was unlocked  ..He shrunk his brows. ..

    He peeped inside and saw suman standing beside the window. ..

  Shravan walked towards her...

" suman...you haven't sleep yet. .?

Suman continued to stare at the mists that was  curling through the bushes...

" suman. .." He called her again since she was not responding. ..

   Even now, she didn't respond. .instead, she let out a deep sigh. ..

Something seemed amiss. ..

Shravan reached her swiftly and turned her to face him. ..her eyes were welled up with tears. ..

" suman. .?"

Shravan panicked to her tear filled eyes. ..He held her hands reassuringly. ..

  At  next instant, Suman buried her face into his chest and started to sob. ..

  " suman. ..what's the problem. ?"

He found it to be unnecessary to cry without a valid reason. .

      As she was not telling anything, he let her to cry until she feels  comfort. .

He continued to hold her. ..He gently caressed her hair. .

" shravan. .this is all only because of me. ..right? "

Her voice came out of guilt. ..

Shravan understood her pure heart. ..she was worried about the war and it's after effects. ..

" it's not like that suman. ..to be speaking, war is a kind of pride for every Kingdom...the reason is just a word. ..even here, jayasimhan wanted to expand his dynasty. ..in addition he wanted to marry you...you rejected him. . .for him, that's not a big deal ...now,He anounced this war only because of his ego. ..so, war is war. ..reasons are  apart from that. .."

   suman looked at him with teary eyes. ..

" whatever it may be ....I was the starting point. ."

  " issh. ..okay then. ..do you think we will keep our hands shut if some unworthy man spoil you and your reputation. .? "

  His frustrated words made suman to look into his face. ..

  Shravan cupped her face and caressed her cheeks. ..

" suman. ..the past and future isn't in our hands. ..we are standing at the black point of war. ..you should stay strong to make us strong. ..support us to act wisely in the present for the victorious future. .."

His motivation made her to smile. ..

She nodded positively. ..shravan smiled at her. ..

" that's like my lady. .."