Chapter 8

The next few weeks of school were just as bleak as the first day of. Jacob and I have gotten closer in our friendship along with Jenna and Jamie. I've learned that they're close cousins and live together a few streets down from my house.

Jacob and I have gone to their house twice now in these few weeks and honestly, their house is pretty amazing. We spent all of our time in the basement, so all I got to see was the kitchen and livingroom.

I was currently running through the forest with tear streaked cheeks. My stepdad was in one of his 'moods' again and decided to take his anger out on me once again. He had thrown his beer bottles at me in a drunken rage. I'm not quite sure what triggered this to happen, but all I know is that I don't wanna go back there tonight. I was gonna head to Jacob's house, but him and Jenna have been getting quite close and I didn't wanna ruin their time together.

My feet slap the dampened forest floor and I hear the crunching of some leaves underneath me. Now that it's mid October, the air is a bit chilly and the soggy autumn leaves litter the forest floor.

After I ran out of the house, I heard my dad chase me. I knew he was close behind somewhere, so I quickly find a spot to the left be of me and dart behind a tree under a rose bush. I didn't care if it caused me pain, I wasn't gonna get caught. And besides, I was already covered in bruises and scratches from my stepdad.

About five minutes or so of crouching, I heard footsteps. I held my breath and peaked between the leaves to see who it was. I assumed it would be him coming to find me, but was immediately taken aback by the appearance of a tall man in a leather jacket. He stopped right in front of my push and let out a deep sigh.

Yeah, he was handsome but I didn't know him and to be completely honest, I was terrified. I wasn't sure what he was capable of doing. He could be an axe murderer for all I knew.

But then I took a closer look at his face. I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me or what, but Goddamnit he looks just like Brendon Urie.

He knelt down to the bush and brushed his fingers against the roses on the bush. I wasn't sure why they were still alive considering it was October, but I'm not questioning nature.

As his face neared mine on the other side of the bush, I realized that it was indeed Brendon freaking Urie.

Out of instinct, I jumped up and let out squeak of surprise, bumping heads in the process. Brendon was also startled as well, and screamed like a six year old girl. He fell backwards, landing on his bottom and rubbed his forehead. I didn't know what to say, so I just stood there like an idiot staring at him.

"Shit dude, I didn't even see you there! Are you okay?" He stands back up, brushing the dirt off of his pants. I didn't care that he thought I was a guy because at this point, I was too shocked and ultimately in pain to get butt hurt over it.

"Uh...y-yeah, I'm fi-fine." I manage to choke out after what seemed like hours after the incident. I rubbed the top of my head where we made contact and swear under my breath. That's gonna bruise... I thought.

"What are you doing crouching behind a bush in the forest?" He chuckles. I was just about to tell him when his phone started ringing. He pulled out his iPhone from his back pocket and held a single finger in the air. "Hello? -Oh, I'm just taking a walk in the woods. -Yes, I'm fine -no, nobody saw me. -I'll be there in a few. -Love you too, babe." and with that he ended the call with who I'm assuming was his wife, Sarah.

I just stood there and played with my fingers, not knowing what to do with myself. I wipe my face with my sleeves and look down. I hear a heavy sigh coming form Brendon as he strolls back to the rose bush in my direction. "So, kid. What are you doing out here by yourself?"

I tried to tell him, but closed it again, afraid of what his response would be. I didn't know what to tell him. I could lie and say I was playing hide and seek with some friends, but it's a little too late for that. Judging by the amount of time I've been out here, I assumed it was around 11 at night. It was a Wednesday, so most of the kids my age would be at home sleeping.

I tried my best to hold back my tears, but the dam behind my eyes broke. I felt a few tears streak down my face as I let out a quiet sob. I felt my knees go weak from crouching for so long. My head started spinning and I felt the world fall away as I fell to the ground.

Everything went black

___

A/N: sorry for not updating school is extremely stressful and depression doesn't help :)

Peace! ✌️🏼

Panda :3