Chapter 9

I woke up in another room with red velvety blankets wrapped around me. Where was I? I made an attempt at standing up, but immediately stopped when my head started throbbing. Saying I was scared was an understatement. I was in a strange room in a stranger's house god knows how far away from home.

I looked around the mysterious room and noticed a few guitars hanging on the wall, along with a few posters of The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, and a few other people I didn't recognize.

That's when I heard footsteps coming towards the door on my left. My palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms- wait that's Eminem lol. The doorknob twisted and the door creaked open and I jumped at the sight of a tall man standing in the doorway, leaning against the frame. I couldn't make out his face features, considering I could only see his silhouette.

"Oh good, you're awake!" The stranger grinned. That's when all of my memories flooded back to me...I was in Brendon Urie's house for some reason...

This is one weird dream.. I thought to myself.

"Nah dude, you hit your head pretty hard there on that nasty fall of yurs." I looked at him like he was speaking Pig Latin.

"How did you know what I was thinking?" I asked him.

"Uh, you must've not noticed, but you tend to talk to yourself outloud quite often." He chuckles once again. He walks into the room with an ice pack and hands it to me. I pull the cold pack up to my head and lie back down.

"Where am I?" I asked him, a little too quietly.

"You're at my house. I tried calling an ambulance, but my phone died. Sorry if I'm bothering you, or coming off as a creep, but I didn't know what else to do."

I realized that I didn't know what time it was, or even what day it was. "What time is it?" I asked him, sitting back up.

"Uh, I think it's like four or something. I dunno."

I was hesitant to ask this question, afraid of his response. "W-what day is it?" This caused him to scratch the back of his neck and look down for a minute.

"Well, It's friday, so you've been asleep for almost two whole days. Honestly, I wasn't sure if you were gonna wake up." I gasped at his remark. Two days?? What will my mom think? What will my school think?

What will Jacob think?

You fool, he doesn't even care about you.

Brendon must've seen me struggling with my own thoughts because he was now sitting on the bed next to me and put a hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner. I flinched at the contact, remembering the events from last night, when Robert decided to take his anger out on me. I didn't mean to flinch away, it was just an instinct.

He retracted his harm and mumbled an apology. I felt bad now, seeing as I was coming off a bit rude. I just pulled my legs up to my chest and rested my head in my arms. I was so tired and exhausted from oversleeping. I let out an exaggerated sigh and closed my eyes.