Chapter 8; Couple?

The orange autumn sunset slowly made its way down. The more Sherlock and Amber walked, the quicker it seemed to have sunk into the ground.
Sherlock and Amber had walked for miles, talking about Moriarty and George. As the sun had finally set, the temperature dropped in London.

Amber and Sherlock were sat on a wall by the water fountain at Trafalgar Square. It was very quiet, and wasn't busy. Behind Sherlock and Amber was the water fountain softly pouring, pure, blue water.

"Are you cold? You look Cold?" Sherlock worried.

"A little bit." Amber chuckled.

Amber stared at the orange and yellow leaves falling of the trees, while Sherlock took of his scarf and gave it to her.

"Put this on, I don't want you getting hyperthermia again." Sherlock pled.

Amber smiled, as Sherlock kindly wrapped his scarf around her neck and kissed Amber on the cheek softly.

"Aren't your hands big?" Amber chuckled.

Sherlock frowned at Amber and opened his hand out and looked down at it.

"Oh. Yes they are." Sherlock Grinned.

Amber opened up her hand in front of her and stared at it. Sherlock slowly slipped his hand on top of Ambers and gripped it firmly.

Slowly, very slowly, Amber and Sherlock's fingers closed together and peacefully they sat on the wall, holding each other's hand.

Amber looked at their hands touching and she smiled,

"Did you mean what you said today? In the pub, about me." Amber questioned.

"I meant every word." Sherlock simpered.

Amber looked down at her feet that were dangling, she looked at Sherlock's feet which were touching the ground because of his long and skinny legs. She smiled at softly said

"You know Sherlock, I thought about what you said and to be honest you're a nice man, you make me laugh and I feel safe around you. I don't need to recover from everything I've been through, as long as I have you by my side I should be fine."

Sherlock looked at Amber and smiled, he felt a tiny bit awkward but he didn't let it bother him.

"Sooo? You're telling me that I shou"- Sherlock questioned.

Amber butted in and shouted happily

"Yes!"

Sherlock looked at the ground and watched the autumn leaves blow around his feet, he smiled and looked into Ambers eyes deeply.

"Amber, will you go out with me?" Sherlock chuckled.

"Yes." Amber chuckled back.

Sherlock and Amber smiled at each other as they stood up and hugged.

Slowly, they walked away from the fountain leaving a romantic memory for them both.

Sherlock and Amber happily strolled up a hill, kicking the leaves that had falling of the trees. They started talking about their future, they were both very happy.

As Sherlock and Amber had reached the main road Sherlock shouted for a cab. The taxi slowly drove towards the couple and stopped in front of them. Sherlock politely opened the door for Amber while she threw her handbag onto the seat and slid in, Sherlock sat next to her, shutting the car door behind him.

"Backer street!" Sherlock shouted happily as he grabbed Ambers hand.

As the cab drove to Baker Street, Sherlock and Amber happily sat at the back watching all the shops lit up as they flew past in the cabs window.