After the train

After we got off of the train this large man named Hagrid told us to follow him. i wasn't to trusting of him at first, although Harry was very trusting of him so i went along with it."OKAY YEH LOUSY FIRST YEARS" Hagrid's voice boomed,for such a large man his voice was rather smooth."he is a very nice man." Harry said reading the expression on my face. Hagrid motioned us to a series of small boats i was surprised he fit in the boat with enough room for us and three other people. he led us to a large-ish gate and took us to the largest dining room I've ever seen.After the sorting hat finished its song, professor mcgonagall started to call up other first years when she finally called up harry."Harry Potter" she called. harry grinned as he ran up as fast as he could,as he was running up i heard some people start whispering about how their parents called him "the boy who lived" or "look he survived an attack by YOU-KNOW-WHO". he didn't hear this but i wanted to tell him that but i didn't want to spoil his mood. Once harry put the sorting hat on it took about a minute,which was way longer than anyone else's, when it called "GRYFFINDOR" he stood up and cheered then ran to the gryffindor table with his other "friends" on the train. when professor mcgonagall called my name i was excited and was determined to be in gryffindor. but 10 seconds of reasoning with the hat i was housed to slytherin. no doubt that i would fit in well with the rest,it's just that i was let down by the hat.harry also seemed slightly sad that we were in separate houses, and we had become friends.