Chapter 40

chapter 40

I make my way up the stairs and push open the door at the top. The whole house is dark but i hear foot steps. I grip my knife tighter and walk to where I heard the foot steps. I get to a huge room I guessed the study. The walls are lined with books and other odd things.

The light come from the sky light in the roof and shined on one table right in the middle.

boom boom boom

Books fell from the shelves.

"who"s there? Don't you wanna come out and play?" I asked.

i felt as if i was crazy talking to myself. i walk over to the fallen books and pick one up. 'killers of the through the years'.

"How fitting" I mocked.

I walked to the table again. I looked through the papers. Most just trash but then i found a letter. It was adressed to...to me and one adressed to Jeff. what the hell? I made my way back down the stairs to the basement and back down the street to our house.

I looked down at my phone god 3:54 already! I raced home.

"your almost late" Ben said as i walked through the door.

"ya sorry" I mumbled.

"me,eyeless jack,Ben and toby decorated" sally said pointing to the walls.

They were covered in ribbon and balloons.

"wow it looks really nice! thanks guys" I said.

Jeff walked through the door 5 mintues later.

"Happy birthday Jeff" sally screamed and rushed to hug him.

Jeff didn't look happy to be hugged but he did not push her away. After sally let go Jeff walked over to me.

"you know i hate birthdays" He grunted.

"I'm sorry Jeff but we never do anything like this i thought it would be fun" i said.

Jeff just stood there as everyone else watched a movie on the tv. I walked over to Jeff and grabbed his hand and pulled him up the stairs.

"I have something for you" i said as we walked up the stairs.

I went to the bed and pulled a box from under it.

"what is it?" Jeff asked sitting on the bed with the box in his hand.

"open it" I said.

His eyes opened as he opened the box.