Chapter 12

I walked downstairs with a new kind of smile on my face.

A smile that couldn't go away, that wouldn't go away no matter what happened.

Jack was sitting at the kitchen table and I braced myself.

"Hey Carly," he looked up from his phone, smiling at me.

"Hey," I muttered, grabbing a water from the fridge.

The room was silent so I decided to walk back upstairs to Daniel.

He was lying on his stomach on his phone when I walked in.

Making sure to be quiet, I walked up and straddled his lower back.

"What ya doing Car," he asked turning his head slightly to look at me.

"Nothing much," I responded, starting to massage his back and shoulders. He needed a break and a good massage couldn't hurt.

"Oh, that feels so good," he moaned out, laying his head down in his arms.

I took off his shirt and began scratching and rubbing his back. He arched his back slightly and whispered, "how'd I get so lucky?"

I leaned down and left a kiss on his shoulder, "I wonder the same thing."

I left a trail of kisses all across his shoulder blades and massaged his lower back.

He groaned as I rubbed a knot out of his back.

"I'm sorry baby," I said, "I gotta get this out."

"It's alright, keep going," he replied, comforting me.

I massaged his back a little longer and then he flipped over so that I was straddling his waist.

"Well I like this," he said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes playfully and laid my body on top of his, "Not today Seavey."

He groaned and kissed my neck, then pulled my head up and kissed me on the lips.

"I love you Carly. So so much."

"I love you too Daniel. So so much more."

He rolled his eyes and responded, "You always have to win, don't you?"

"Yep," I replied, popping the P.

He chuckled and kissed me again.

I could really get used to this.