"No way I'll be marrying this girl"

"Dad, you're out of your mind, an arranged marriage does not exist anymore." I protested as I studied the picture of a fifteen-year old, looking young and pretty in her school uniform. Her long dark brown hair braided and was smiling to the camera, showing her teeth with braces. She is quite beautiful, but still so much as a child.

This is the first time we talked about marriage..

"This is Lucas Hayton's only daughter. He is a dear friend of mine who fought to defend by my side to build his and our company back in the day. I owe my life to him for saving me from a fire back then and ever since we became an armament, confidant and best friend to each other. We are like brothers, Now that we are older; our desire is to protect our wealth which became our most important intent today. Therefore we both agreed that marriage of our children was the answers to achieve such aspire."

"But dad marriage is out of my list. I love my life and I do not want to settle down especially with this type of girl. She is just a kid, for God's sake! I cannot stand spoiled brats like her. I bet she is a pain in the ass." I said

God, why would you even marry someone when clearly it would deprive men from freedom to do all the pleasure of a single man wants.

Marriage is what middle-aged men do in order to have an heir to inherit their massive wealth.

"Hear me out Hayes, I gave my word to Lucas for His wife, Eleanor can no longer have a child anymore, because of her heart condition. There is no chance of having a son to inherit their massive wealth since their oldest son died early. Their daughter is reckless and irresponsible. She often goes out with her friends to party, hang out with boys and does what she wants. They have to choose a good husband for her, who is trustworthy and capable of running their business in the future."

"Dad, I still have to fulfil my dreams, finish my studies, and help you in our business, to make it bigger. Tell the old man, I'm not going to marry his daughter, ever." I sighed while he paced in the living room of our 8-storey mansion."I know this is a lot to ask for you, but you don't have to think about it yet, I'm just mentioning this to you. Both of you are still young. You're right, you have to finish your studies first and enjoy your bachelor life."

"Thanks dad."

I dated many beautiful girls, mostly models and celebrities. My relationships lasted only for days or weeks, and some lucky girls for a month not taking them seriously.

I don't believe in love nor had I experience it yet. I had not found the woman that I love and want to spend the rest of my life with. For all I know 'She probably isn't born yet, or belongs to another dimension.'

But I know that someday, I have to marry someone, to have an heir for the Dalton's massive fortune. I had no choice. Of course, it would happen in the future, when I become older and tired of my bachelor life. I want to choose my own wife, a woman that I could be proud of. She had to be extremely beautiful and graceful, smart and intellectual, composed and most importantly, very obedient and a virgin!

After I earn my degree at Harvard University, I'll start helping my father run their multimillion-dollar business of real estate and global chain of hotels and restaurants. I'll manage their business abroad and travel with their private jet in different countries every week. I'll be unstoppable, a brilliant negotiator and a risk taker. I'll show no fear in dealing business with the other skilled executives, magnates, and tycoons.

- Present Time -

Becoming the CEO of International Property Corporation made our company a success earning billions of dollars annually. I took control of the company, making it more competitive in global market.

The marriage issue was later brought-up once again by my father with a latest picture of Claire.

I couldn't believe it, she looked different. I rubbed his eyes and studied every facet of her appearance in the picture. The shy, innocent girl gone and was replaced into a very beautiful, stunning and gorgeous twenty-year old woman.

She was wearing a pair of silver stiletto heels to match her black detailed gown emphasizing her curves. Her long wavy dark hair cascaded down that made her looked to feminine and sexy. Even her flawless white teeth glistened. The braces she wore at fifteen were gone and she looked more beautiful now, showing her white even teeth, with her kissable red lips.

"Damn she could melt any man's heart!"

Her glassy hazel eyes enthralled me. And at that moment I realized something. "Hell!" How could I be attracted to a woman I only seen in a picture? "No way I'll be marrying this girl" I contemplated in my head persuasively,

I still don't like the idea of marrying Claire Hayton. No matter how attractive she was. She is a spoiled brat, who loves to party and probably having a wild sex life! "I couldn't stand promiscuous women!" but dad became so insistent and forceful on this stupid marriage campaign. He said it was already time to fulfil his promise to Lucas Hayton.

"Then you should marry her, since you've been so lonely since mom died. I told you several times already dad, I'm not marrying her or anyone at the moment. I love my life! I'm not ready to settle down and change diapers. I enjoy my freedom!" I said,

"Enough Hayes! We are men with honours. We fulfil our promises. She already said yes and you are going to marry her, as soon as possible. We already discussed this years ago. It's final. I'll make sure you are going to do as you are told this time, Hayes. This is the only thing I ask from you."

After a week of arguing with my father, I gave in and agreed to marry Claire Hayton. I had no choice but to comply because dad was so vigorous in fulfilling his promise to Lucas Hayton in order to unite the Dalton's and Hayton' s wealth. Still, I promised to myself that I would never give up and continue enjoying my bachelor's life. We would just produce an heir right away and divorce within a year.

"Okay father you win. I know you are doing this for our own good. I will marry Claire Hayton; and go with you to New York to officially ask her hand for marriage" I told my dad.

"I'm so glad, son I have always known that you will not disappoint me. You will not regret your decision. I will inform Lucas right away."

"As you wish father." I shrugged my shoulders and walked towards our huge glass window in the office; Thinking of Claire Hayton.

- The Hayton's Residence -

I finished my wine in one gulped. My father, Andrew Dalton is also seated drinking wine with Lucas and Eleanor Hayton in the living room chatting and laughing with excitement for the upcoming marriage of their children.

"Eleanor, Claire hasn't come down yet, what is taking her so long? Ask a maid to tell her to hurry." Lucas told his wife sensing Hayes impatience.

Eleanor stood up from the elegant chair cream and gold divan chair. "I'll go and get her, kindly excuse me gentlemen" She smiled charmingly and walked towards the grand staircase.

I went to the mini-bar to get another glass of wine; my nervousness was getting worse right now. My hands are trembling even though I tried to control it. This was an unusual feeling for me when nothing scares me but... Meeting Claire Hayton in person "What's wrong with me? Damn it!"

"Luke! Luke!" Eleanor Hayton ran and shouted at the top of the staircase.

"Slowly Eleanor, what's wrong?" Lucas stood up and went to the bottom of the staircase,

"She's gone! Claire is gone; she's not in her room."

"What?" Lucas looked pale and hurriedly went up the stairs, to his daughter's bedroom.

I smirked "She's gone? I thought she was dying to marry me! I was sweating and now who could explain this ambiguous feeling of relief right now." Dad just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.

We both waited for them to come down,

A few minutes later, Lucas and Eleanor went down.

"I'm sorry Hayes. I'm afraid Claire is not in her room. She's gone!" Lucas said worriedly.

End Of Chapter 4
a/n: what do you guys think? chapter 5 will be up soon!