In front of me

Claire's POV

8:00 AM, the following day

Oh, God someone help me! Someone is following me!

I was a few meters away from the grocery store when I notice that someone was following me. My heart started pounding faster and I could feel a bead of sweat running down my spine.

I slowed down my pace and turned around slowly, but no one was there.

Or so I thought... I was two blocks from our house when I saw a man in my peripheral vison, wearing dark sun glasses and navy blue shirt to match his black jeans.

I started walking faster and so did he, following my pace, half running.

I saw a secluded alley at the side of a building and decided to turn and hide for a while. Placing the heavy grocery bags on the ground, I peeped at the side of the building and felt so relieved that the stalker was gone.

Thank God, he's gone! Thank, thank you Lord! I sighed in relief and said a silent prayer

I was about to get out of the alley and pick up my groceries when suddenly the man's voice called out my name and I froze in place at the same time he grabbed me from the wrist. Alarmed, I shrieked at the top of my lungs and he immediately covered my mouth with his other hand. I bit his hand hard and made him fall to the ground, wincing in pain. My groceries were now scattered on the floor at our sudden movement.

"Who are you?" I shouted my foot still placed on his chest

He removed his shades and rubbed his injured hand to his jeans.

"Stop shouting, you are attracting an audience!" The man blurted angrily, staring back at me, boldly and intensely sending chills down my spine.

I hesitated for a while, shocked in realization that his blue eyes were vaguely familiar. I know him! I know him, but where?

I put my guard down for a second and he took the opportunity to attack back.

His face was muscular. His shirt were tight enough to show some very well built muscles. Overall, he was big, strong and quite hot.

I shook off the thought and mentally scolded myself for checking out my stalker! He cocked his head to the side slightly and I turned my heel to take off but he was too fast. I closed my eyes shut waiting for my body to hit the wall hard but to my surprise he held me and pinned me to the wall gently. I opened my eyes in surprise only to see my attacker scanning over me in curiosity.

"I'll remove my hand but you have to promise not to run away." He spoke gently. His blue eyes on mine and his breath fanning on my face. I could smell his scent of masculine cologne.

I nodded in response and studied his face, feature by feature. His eyes were the shade of ocean blue, his hair the shade of dark brown, the bridge of his nose was well sculpted, to his lips and strong jaw, he is about 6 ft. 3 and that's when I recognized my attacker.

The female hormones in me screamed from fear to shock, to anxiety and was all replaced with sudden intense rage for the person who was in front of me was Hayes Dalton, my so called fiancé!

End Of Chapter 7
a/n: what do you guys think? chapter 8 will be up soon!