Chapter 9: Tauntingly

Claire's POV

I breathed so hard, grasping for air. My heart was pounding so fast at the same time. What's wrong with this maniac! Was he trying to kill me with fright?

His body was still close to mine so I pushed his chest forcefully avoiding his intent gaze.

I gathered the scattered groceries and put them back in the grocery bag. He helped me get the oranges that had rolled from afar while he explains himself.

"Look, I'm sorry if I surprised you, believe me it's not my intention to frighten you.." he continued with his smooth persuading voice.

Every word that came out of his mouth went in and out of my ear. I didn't even bothered listening to what he was saying, I was mad at him! For God sakes, he scared the bejesus out of me!

Once I was done gathering my groceries I fled without warning.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked and started to follow me again. "We need to talk." His voice stern and serious yet I still ignored him and walked faster.

"I know you are mad at me but I was only returning your wallet that you dropped" He said while waving my wallet in the air.

I turned to him and was about to shot and him a hostile glare but all I could do was blush in embarrassment. I tried to hide my embarrassment and say something but I phased out. Every time I open my mouth I closed it again like a fish!

I could see a smirk forming on Hayes' face and that got my blood boiling again.

"There's nothing to discuss Mr. Dalton. I am sorry that I have troubled you for returning my wallet and I would gladly return the favor someday (in a million years!)"

I reached over for my wallet but he held it higher from me. Damn it! Is he really taunting me right now?

I sighed and tried reaching for it again but he didn't give in, Frustrated I stomped on his foot and snatched my wallet back

Finally! I hope he didn't saw any of Victoria and Duvae's I.D.'s

I double checked if everything was in place and thank god! It seems like he only saw my I.D.

I glanced at Hayes who was now recovering from the pain. I couldn't help but crack a smile and laugh a little, he looked like a little boy who got hurt, holding his foot like that!

We made I contact for a moment and a smile each crept on our faces and for a second there I thought I felt something but I shrugged it off and turned away, cutting our discussion short.

End Of Chapter 9
a/n: what do you guys think? chapter 10 will be up soon!