Chapter 6

The next day, Marceline woke up to find Finn doing push-ups on the floor. She was surprised at how fast he regained his strength. "Are you sure you're up to doing that? I mean, you seemed pretty weak yesterday."

            "Marcy, I am on my 20th rep right now. I'm fine."

            "Even before you were imprisoned, you never did push-ups. Why the change?"

            "Well, I have to get back on my feet quickly," he responded. "If Rebecca is right, and if she was able to find me, then Pendleton isn’t too far behind. I need to be at my best in order to face him."

            Marceline was mesmerized at Finn's physique. She loved the way he toned up after years of adventuring, and when he was sweating and working out, it just made her want to pounce on him. She licked her lips and jumped at the unsuspecting human, knocking him on his back, licking Finn's lips. She felt his toned arms and he felt her hips. She still hadn’t put her clothes back on since last night, but Finn had a pair of sweats given to him by the nurse at his request. She was about to remove his pants when the door opened.

            "Really guys? Didn’t you two get enough of that last night?"

            "Peeblez!" Finn screamed in a manner that would make most people question his manhood.

            "Wait, what? You saw that last night?" asked Marceline.

            "Of course. Everyone saw it. The door has a window after all. Next time, close the curtain." The coupled buried their faces in their palms. "And Marceline, I suggest that you put some clothes on."

            Marceline had completely forgotten that she was almost nude and jumped in the air as she tried to put her clothes on in haste. Finn got up slowly. "It's good that you are here, Peebz. I got something I need to tell you." Bubblegum sat down on the bed as Finn told her what happened last night.

            "Whoa. So you are telling me that you are a higher being? That you aren’t human?" she asked.

            "Maybe. I'm still pretty skeptical about it though."

            "Did you ask her about the Lich?"

            Finn froze for a moment, appalled by his stupidity. "I completely forgot to ask. Oh man."

            "It's okay, Finn. If she is right, then chances are, you will see her again." Bubblegum stood up from the bed. "Anyway…" She spun towards the couple. "You seem well enough to check yourself out. When you do, I want you guys to come over. I have a surprise for you." She left the room in a giddy manner and as the door closed, Finn stood up.

            "Well, I think it's about time I get out of here." Finn stood up and stretched his legs and yawned.

            Marceline could see the bags underneath Finn's eyes. She could tell that he didn’t get that much sleep last night, at least not after his nightmare. She had initially wanted to confront him about it, but she realized that there was nothing she could have done. Talking about it would bring up unwanted memories, so the other alternative was to just let things run their course. "I wonder how everyone is going to react when they see you?" she asked.

            "They won't see me." Finn turned to Marceline. "They can't know I'm alive."

            "Why not?"

            "Cuz they will flip out. Bubblegum won't be the only one thinking the Lich is back."

            "Good point. After all, the only people who know you're back are the staff, Bonnie, and me."