Chapter 9

Within the depths of the Nightosphere, Hunson Abadeer decides to take break from ruling with an iron fist. He flies into his lair from a thick, black, smokey cloud. He walks into the kitchen and opens the refrigerator, looking for condiments and sandwich fixings. He shuts the refrigerator door with the fixings in his arms, thinking about the day he just had. All of his demon brethren had been acting incredibly strange today and Hunson could not put a finger on why. He senses a familiar presence sitting in the dark corner of the room. He doesn’t look towards it. Instead he continues fixing his sandwich on the table and after a few quiet seconds, he decides it's time to confront the presence.

            "Jane…" Hunson smiled at the shadowy corner. "So nice of you to finally come visit me. How long has it been? It feels like forever."

            Out from the shadows steps out a woman in a silk white gown with platinum blonde hair and baby blue eyes. "Hello Hunson," she spoke softly. "It's been a few millennia since we last saw each other."

            "How's the man upstairs?" Hunson asked.

            "He is doing just fine."

            "That’s wonderful." Jane could sense his sarcasm.

            "I see you haven’t changed that much," Jane circled around the kitchen. "Your sense of humor is still atrocious."

            "It seems you haven’t changed that much either," Hunson's face grew serious. "You're still quite the cunt." Hunson set down his knife and took a bite out of his sandwich. "Tell me what you want and get the fuck out."

            "Well then… allow me to get straight to the point," Jane took a step towards Hunson. She showed no fear towards the ruler of the Nightosphere. "Your daughter. Give me your daughter."

            Hunson chuckled. "Hmm… and why would my daughter be of use to you?"

            "That's our business. Not yours."

            "Don’t take me for a fool, Jane," Hunson said calmly. "Creators such as yourself and Pendleton will never associate themselves with us demons." He finished eating his sandwich and began to lick his fingers. "… You don’t want my daughter. You want the human. You want Finn."

            "His name is Pen."

            "Whatever. The point is, if you think I'm going to tell you, you are sorely mistaken."

            "You think you can stand up to me? Don’t forget that it was I who created you, Hunson, and I could easily destroy you." Jane's wings, that were once invisible, were glowing intensely, brightening the entire kitchen. "Don’t make this harder than it has to be Hunson. Give me the girl and the boy."

            "You are going to kill me anyway," Hunson smiled. "So no. You can go fuck yourself, cunt." Hunson's body began to enlarge rapidly, transforming himself into chaos.

            Jane's wings had transformed into a bright phoenix. Her eyes began to glow as she withdrew her blade. "If you won't give them to me, then so be it."

            "You still think you can overcome me, Finn?" said the Lich. "You still think you can escape?"

            Finn is running as fast as his body would allow it. His feet sinking into the sand with every step. The Lich is gaining on him. "No, stay away from me!" Finn felt the Lich's cold icy hands grip his ankle, suspending him mid-air.