Chapter 10

The forest that was once around them morphed into a room. The place looked unfamiliar to Finn. He looked outside the window to find that they were in a castle suspended in the air. Down underneath them was a city surrounded by towers and fortifications. Far off in the distance were two pillars. "So this is Venus?" Finn asked.

            "Correct. This is your castle, Pen."

            Marceline was withholding her vomit, but she couldn’t any longer. Finn ran to her side as she started and placed his hand on her back. "That's the last time we are going to teleport, Marcy. At least for a while." She nodded in response to him, still crying over the death of her father. "I swear, Pendleton is going to pay for killing your father. No one makes my baby girl upset."

            Marceline looked up at him and gave him a kiss. "Thanks, Finn." She looked at Rebecca and Adam, who were waiting impatiently. "I think you should go continue your training."

            Finn nodded in agreement and looked towards Rebecca. "Is there any apples here? She needs to eat." Rebecca snapped and over the table in the corner of the room, a plateful of apples appeared.

            "That is an unlimited supply of apples. Eat as many as you wish." Rebecca turned her gaze to Finn. "Are you ready to continue your training?"

            Finn looked back at Marceline. "Oh don’t worry about me Finn. As long as I have something to do, and something to eat, then I will be fine."

            "Okay, I'll be back soon. I love you Marcy."

            "Love you too, honey." She gave him one last kiss and Finn, Rebecca, and Adam had all vanished to continue his training.

            It had been a few days since Finn had begun training, and he already had mastered plenty of skills. Spreading his wings no longer took all of his energy and he also learned to teleport and fly. He was only just starting to begin to incorporate combat techniques with his newfound abilities. After mastering the basics, his speed had drastically increased. It also helped that the Creator's Blade was significantly lighter than the Demon Sword, just slightly more than the weight of a feather. That, in combination with Finn's intense speed, teleportation, and flying abilities, made him a near perfect warrior, at least in all of Ooo.

            One day, Marceline decided to tag along to watch Finn spar against Rebecca. The practice fight was all over the place, on the ground and in the air. After what seemed like the fifth time that Finn had lost to Rebecca, they decided to take a break and sat down. Finn sat next to Marceline, while Rebecca sat across from them. "Good practice today, your highness," she panted. "You are definitely getting better."

            "Thanks," he replied. Finn turned his head to Marceline. "Hey babe, you doing okay."

            She smiled back at him. "I'm doing okay." She rested her head on Finn's shoulder as she sucked the red out of her fifteenth apple.

            "Wow, that baby must be really hungry," Finn commented.

            "May I suggest something?" Rebecca asked.

            "Sure go ahead."

            "While sucking red may do you some good, it might not be so good for the baby."

            "Why not?" Marceline asked.

            "Because he wouldn’t be getting the proper nutrients. The baby will be born human, after all. After you suck the red, you should eat the apple. Give him some actual food."