Chapter 13

Over the past 11 years, the landscape of Ooo has changed dramatically. The once peaceful fields near the Candy Kingdom, that were once flowing with effervescent green grass, had transformed into a battlefield when the terrible Lich was roaming the planet. There were still craters and scars on the planet that can still be seen. Most recently, the Candy Kingdom had been destroyed by Jane, leaving a mole on the beautiful face that is the fields. The only remaining monument was Finn and Marceline's home, which had been lit ablaze once Pendleton came down to Ooo. Everything was on fire, except for the grass in which Pendleton and his henchmen stood. Marceline knelt down beside Pendleton, eagerly awaiting her savior, Finn, to arrive.

            "Tsk… Coward." Pendleton spat on the grass and placed his blade on Marceline's throat. "Call him aga-"

            Pendleton was interrupted by an abrupt, large flash of light. Finn arrived with his angel wings visible, ready for battle. "Let her go, Pendleton. Your fight's with me!"

            Pendleton chuckled and whirled his hand, motioning his henchmen to act. Soon, Finn was surrounded by fifty creators, some of Pendleton's finest warriors. Finn looked around him, assessing the situation, preparing his blades. With a word from Pendleton, the henchmen acted. "Kill him."

            The first warrior stepped forward, assuming that the task at hand was going to be an easy one. After all, Finn had only been training for weeks and all of the henchmen had at least 150 years of training. The warrior quickly swiped his sword and Finn, with his faster-than-light speed, stepped out of the way. With the open opportunity, Finn quickly punished his opponent for his foolish assumption, slashing through his arm, the one that held his blade. Finn then followed with one more swipe, decapitating his opponent. The others stood and watched in awe, for they have never observed such speed. As their comrade fell to the floor, the others readied their weapons. "Attack!" Pendleton yelled, and they all rushed in. From Finn's point of view, they all stopped, frozen, bound by the restrictions of time, or at least it looked this way because of his amazing speed. One by one, he cut and slashed through the horde, cutting through necks, arms, legs, bodies, any part of the anatomy that a person could think of. He danced elegantly through his enemies, cutting through them some more and then appeared before Pendleton himself. He shook the blood off of his sword and within the next instant, blood began gushing out of all the creators that Finn had just slaughtered. Pendleton gave another hearty chuckle. "Well… you certainly are my son."

            "Let her go, Pendleton," Finn spoke menacingly.

            "You are in no position to make demands, Pen." He withdrew his sword. "You want her free?" He ran his blade through Marceline's lower back, exiting through her abdomen. "There, she is free."

            "NO!" His wings morphed into his final form instantly and dashed towards his father. Pendleton pulled his blade out of Marceline and dashed back at his son.

            Time froze as the two attacked each other. The fires dancing around Ooo came to a halt and Marceline, who had been mortally wounded, was still kneeling upright. Time was not a factor in this battle between father and son. As the blades came into contact with each other, sparks flew out, but froze in time; and Finn was desperately trying to beat Pendleton in his game of speed. "You think you can defeat me?" Pendleton yelled. "I am your maker! I am stronger than you will ever be!" Pendleton swung his sword down with such intense force that as Finn blocked it with both of his blades, Pendleton shattered his demon blade, knocking the shards into Finn's face. Finn screamed in pain as he was knocked down by the brute force of his father, sending him flying towards the ground beneath him.