Chapter 4

Caroline's POV

I didn't expect Niall's party was going to be so much fun last night. I got to drank Vodka for the first time in what seems like forever and not have to tell every detail of my life. I danced all night and I had to listen to Harry's jokes, but I wouldn't call them that. I was 5 minutes away from paying him $5 to not say another joke for as long as I lived. I met all of the boys and I didn't think they would all be so sweet. I think it was because I was used to boys who were jerks and treated girls like trash. I never thought that I would actually enjoy my life, especially after everything that's happened. But Starwood is making me forget everything that's happened in the past and I'm not complaining about that at all. I love everyone I've met so far, even Harry. Sure he wasn't the most pleasant guy to be around but he is slowly changing and I like him better like that. And no not like that, but I appreciate his company a lot more than I did before. Now I don't dread going to Chemistry which makes my day a lot easier and so does being partners with him. After finally processing the somewhat new and improved Harry, I decide it's time for me to get out of bed. But I've been telling myself that almost 10 times already which is a bad habit I need to break. I get up and stand in front of my closest debating on what to wear which is something I do basically every day another bad habit I need to break. After countless minutes and minutes of looking into my closest, I decide on wearing my black and white chevron maxi dress with my favorite jean jacket and black sandals. I mean I should at least look I actually tired to look cute. I do my daily make-up routine and curl my hair before I go downstairs try to eat my breakfast which it a goal I never accomplish, but my mom enforces the rule  daily. I hurry and attempt to sneak past my mom who always yells at me for not getting all of my "proper nutrition" but my plan fails of course. The woman has some type of gift, because I've been trying to sneak past her for years.

"Where you do think your going young lady?" You would think it was a prison guard, but no it was just my overly protective mother.

"School, you know the place I get an education at. Ha, ha got to go before I'm late bye." I hurry and grab my purse with a fake smile and an apple off of the counter. I mean that is considered breakfast right?

"No, no, no you don't, you sit right here and you eat your breakfast....The right way Caroline." she says with her arms crossing her stomach. Laughing inside at the fact that she is trying to intimidate me which never works, but I let her have the satisfaction today and I grab a cereal bowl, some milk and my favorite Lucky Charms. It's so weird me and my mom sharing a laugh, heck it's weird for us even to share a conversation together. I lived with my dad before the divorce, but I wouldn't even consider him that. All he was was drunk, and If he wanted to waste his money on alcohol then go right ahead.

"So how school's treating you?" she ask with her hand under her chin and smile.

"It's good." I truthfully say. " I'm meeting a lot more people than I expected and some very cute guys." I say with a smile before I swallow done a spoonful of Lucky Charms.

" Well, that's good Care, I'm happy for you. Watch out for those boys that how I ended up with you." she smiles and laughs. Those kind of thoughts are the ones that my mom needs to keep to herself, I was eating and the visions of my mom naked is something I do not need to imagine.

" Can you not Mom?" I laugh and try to continue to eat.

" But see I got lucky and had one of the most beautiful healthy baby girls in the entire world." she says with a huge smile. Of course, my mom is supposed to say that, but it's Zac Efron's opinion that really matters.

" Thanks Mom." I smile slightly

" Care, you do know you can talk to me about what happened?" she says and my mood changes of course.