Chapter 3 | A Friendly Talk

Marco put his hands on his knees, trying to frantically catch his breath. It was like he ran for his life back there. Star could've seen him, and he didn't want that to happen. He's been on the run for two days now, and how would she react to have him just come back into her life? She probably wouldn't be so thrilled, he thought. She wasn't too thrilled when he randomly climbed through her window when he came back to Mewni.

That sad feeling washed over him again. He had nowhere to go. His family and friends didn't take him seriously, and Jackie... she was probably upset still about their breakup and didn't want to see him anymore. All he did when he went back to Earth was talk about Mewni and think about Star, Star, Star...

There was H-poo. He could go to her dimension to live out the rest of his days. The demoness would probably be thrilled to have him there 24/7, perhaps she would make him immortal. He was already 30 there. A bit longer and he would be on the verge of dying from old age.

But his heart wanted Star... after thinking about it for a bit, the love he felt for Hekapoo wasn't genuine. He only enjoyed the thrill rides that she took him on, and riding his dragon bike Nachos. Marco felt like crap that he only enjoyed being around Hekapoo when he was thrill-seeking.

And Star... he loved being around her all the time. She just emitted happiness and positivity everywhere she went, and god, did he love it, and her. He wanted to be hers and make her happy throughout the rest of her life. He knew it was a long shot though, which caused his heart to sink once again. His heart ached; he was on a roller coaster ride of emotions.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, and he quickly pulled it out and swiped the screen. It was a text from one of his good friends.

Unread Messages:

Kelly: Hey Marco... I just thought you could come over for a bit. I'm a little lonely.

Kelly. She had been a big help with his dilemma with Star. He smiled as his thumbs twiddled on the keyboard.

Sure Kelly, I'll be right there. :)

Sent. He stuffed his phone back in his pants pocket and pulled out his scissors as a shadow creeped along the wall behind him. He began to sweat, it had to be Star.

He quickly sliced open a portal and jumped inside as the shadow got closer and closer, but it was a second too late, Marco had already left.

"Marco?..." Star said as she rubbed her eye with a hand, using her wand as a flashlight with the other.

"Oh... guess I was hallucinating...."

~•~

It was high noon in the butterfly kingdom, and the sun was high in the sky, lighting everything that it touched.

Star and Tom were at the ice cream parlor trying out the new flavors. They had just come out with 4 new flavors: Corn Cream, Cream Corn, Corn Bread, and Simply Corn. Yes, that was it's name.

Star wasn't too thrilled however. She was still hung up on last night. She could have sworn she saw Marco in her room, but she didn't get a good glimpse of him to be sure. And Tom... she thought she told him to go home. That was creepy how he hung around long enough to tuck her into bed. Then again, a lot of stuff that Tom did was plain weird.

"Here you go, babe," Tom said as he handed her the fourth flavor, in which Star took tiredly. The demon licked his and sad next to her.

Star yawned as she watched her demon boyfriend blow on the ice cream with his scorching hot breath, turning it to nothing more than a liquid. He then slurped it like it was a milkshake. He was so weird, but cute to her. She licked her ice cream a few times before interrupting.