Epilogue | Forever More

"Are we there yet?"

"Almost."

"Where are you even taking me? It seems like we've been walking forever, and my sinuses are starting to act up."

"Relax, Marco. We're almost there."

Star lead the boy to a trap door that was lodged into the ground. She bent down, and with one forceful heave, the door came open, spewing dust into the both of their faces. The teens both coughed and waved their hands in front to clear the dust. The billow of particles caused Marco to sneeze.

It had been a few days after the wedding extravaganza, and things have been going rather well for the young couple. Things weren't as tense between them, and just that along allowed them to build upon their relationship. Things were almost as normal as they were when they were friends, except with kissing and hand-holding to top it off. The two teens were mainly focused on being in each other's company.

The blonde princess lowered herself into the tunnel, using the ladder that was conveniently placed there. She stopped climbing when she noticed that Marco wouldn't budge. "Aren't you coming?"

"Ya know, Star, some things came up and I really gotta-"

The persistent girl held her hand out to the nervous boy. "It's totally fine. Come on, take my hand."

"Ugh, fine..."

Reluctantly, Marco grabbed her hand, and the two made their way down to the tunnel, he tracing Star's every step. It was still daylight outside, although the evening was fast approaching, and the light cracked through the trap door, making it not as dark as it would have been. The boy watched the princess' knee-length blonde hair bounce with every step she took as he followed her down the tunnel.

A few seconds later, Star stopped, causing Marco to bump into her abruptly. They weren't too deep into the tunnel, as it wasn't very long, and it was dimly lit, so they could see the faint silhouette of each other in the midst of the darkness. Marco looked around in confusion. "It's just some old, dingy tunnel. I can see the dust accumulating on the wall." He took his finger, running it on the tunnel's concrete wall, and rubbed his two fingers together to feel the dust. His attention was diverted to a hissing spider in the corner, which caused the girl to look over as well. "And that spider over there looks venomous. Yikes."

Star let out a grown as she leaned on the wall, folding her arms. "Marco, would you stop being so... Marco-ish?"

Marco looked back over at the blonde, facing her. "Sorry, Star. Soooo, what is this place, and why did we come here?"

The girl's eyes lit up as her lips contorted into a smile. "I'm glad you asked that. You see, I had a chat with Eclipsa the other day, and she was telling me about her younger days. She used to meet Globgore down here, and I thought it would be fun to bring you down here, you know?"

"Why did she meet him in an old, rundown tunnel?" Marco asked, raising an eyebrow.

"For secret stuff, of course."

"Secret stuff?"

"Secret stuff."

The boy blinked. "What kind of 'secret stuff'?"

"Ya know, the usual," Star replied, putting her hands on her hips.

"Um... I have no idea what you're talking about."

There was a slight awkward silence between the two teens, until the princess decided to speak.

"Marco, kiss me," Star cooed.

A bright crimson blush appeared on the boy's face. She had just asked him to initiate a kiss, and he had no idea how to react to that. He looked at her like a deer in the headlights. "Oh... you want me... to kiss you?"