Episode 15: Stuck Here Forever

I wake up as I feel a warm hand covering my mouth. I wake up startled, tensing my arms. My eyes shoot open and I quickly try to process what I see. "Ssshht. You're not the last one to wake up." Famulus whispered. She smiled a bit scary. My eyes widen. What's going on!? "Look." She points at Miley. My eyes quickly fly towards her. Her arms are tied to her bed. Her mouth isn't covered, but she's not saying a word. She looks at me with scared eyes. "She promised me not to make a sound either." Her voice sounds way scarier than at first. Like some sort of psychopath. Only now I see the knife she's holding in her hands. Is she going to kill us? "So be like her." She takes my wrists and aggressively ties them to the head of my bed, too. I need to do something. I'm not allowed to make a sound. I look up at the rope around my wrists. I try to break free, but I didn't expect her to be some sort of knot tying wizard. I already feel the circulation in my arms cut off. Famulus makes her way to Kyra. She still seems to be fast asleep. "No." I want to yell, but my voice fades within a split second. "Nah-ah." Famulus holds up the knife, looking at me with raised eyebrows. My lips shut sealed quickly. I don't want her to hurt any of us. She steps close to Kyra again, towering over her. She's a monster. Inside that scary cage around her head, I could clearly see a pair of evil eyes. Within a second, she takes her wrists and ties them to her bed. Within that process, Kyra gets woken up, scared to death and she begins to scream. She almost gave her a fucking heart attack. "Let her go! Don't fucking touch her!" I yell since there's no reason to shut up anymore. I quickly look up at Miley. Can't she burn the rope? I can see the metal cuffs, wrapped around her wrists. She thought this through, it's a plan. "Don't hurt me, please!" Kyra squints her eyes shut, covering head with her arms. "Famulus, please!" I look over at Miley again, who seems to put all of her energy into trying to burn the handcuffs or breaking free from them. "Listen to me you ignorant twats." Famulus's low voice echoes through the room. She points her knife at the three of us. "I am doing you guys a damn favor!" "By tying us up!? What are you going to do?" I exclaim, aggressively wrenching the rope around my wrists. I quickly look around, but soon realize that there's no earth I can use around me. "If I told you that catching a few drops of blood in a jar, and doing some rituals with it will set me and the three of you free, would you believe me? I don't think so." "But then what about Selena?" "See, that's the part I didn't really care about." "Screw you!" I yell at her. Her facial expression turns irritated all of the sudden. She turns her head to me. "Well if you want to screw me, Terra, then why don't you go first?" She snatches my lower arm and pulls is it as close to her as possible. Without hesitation, she takes her knife and carves the tip of it into my arm. I can feel the sharp object cut open my skin slowly. I can't help but scream of pain. "No!" Kyra yells, trying to break free herself. Famulus finally pulls out the knife and lets go of my arm. I tense it, I actually tense my whole body, trying to get rid of the agonizing pain dominating my body. I groan, with my jaws clenched to each other. Famulus now catches the drops of blood in a glass jar.

-,,-

I can hear Demi screaming in the background. It tortures me to hear her in so much pain. I still have my hand clenched around the handcuffs, trying to heat it up as much as possible. "No!" Kyra yells. I can feel the anger building up in me. Dubalein told us that our abilities come from our most intense emotions. I'd better use it. I try to bring all of the anger to one spot. I can feel my hand burning up, but it doesn't hurt. I'm in control. My breathing fastens as I let the anger out as much as possible. I can finally feel the metal becoming unstable. Within a blow, I pull at the chain. The pain immediately shoots through my ribs. The chain breaks. Finally. Famulus heard the chain breaking and quickly turns to me. Without hesitation, I light up some fire in my hand and shoot up, of course not without pain. I try my best not to scream. "Stay back!" I yell. She steps back for a second but then quickly runs to Kyra. "Hurt me and you will hurt her." She menaces. I step closer to her so I can aim at her more easily. I can see her think for a moment, but then she points her knife at Kyra again. "I mean it." "Go ahead." I say, not showing any emotions. "No, please." Kyra pleads, she looks at me with terrified eyes. "Oh, so you don't care about your precious little tribe girl?" "I said do it." I bluff, still letting the flame float on my arm. "Miley.." Kyra's voice sounds portrayed. But I try not to look her in the eye, my focus is on Famulus. I can see Famulus thinking for a moment. "If you hurt me, the knife will go straight through the empty-headed's chest." But my plan works differently. As soon as she turns to Kyra, I will snatch that knife out of her hand and throw her on the ground. I don't care about my broken rib right now. She finally turns towards Kyra and grabs her lower arm. "No! NO!" Kyra screams. I quickly grab her hand, as soon as the tip made its way into Kyra's arm. Famulus jaw flies open, and a deafening scream flies out. She drops the knife, it safely falls on Kyra's stomach. I quickly push her through the open door and close it. Did I just burn her hand!? Famulus pounds on the door, trying to open up. Luckily, I'm stronger than the cage head. With every bang, I can feel my back hurting more and more. I can't hold this for long. Kyra pants, trying to process what just happened. "LET ME IN! I CAN HELP! SELENA HAS NO CHANCE OF SURVIVAL! I'M TELLING YOU!" "Kyra, use the knife to break free. Free Demi as well." I command. She quickly does as I say and breaks free. She runs to Demi and does the same. I look around, trying to find a way to get out of here. Demi gets up, grabbing the cover of her pillow to stop the bleeding on her arm. The cover gets stained with blood immediately, it looks terrifying. "Kyra. grab that chair and place it underneath the doorknob." "She will break through that in no time." Demi states, panting. "It will give us enough time to flee through the window." Kyra quickly grabs the chair. Demi grabs the jars and throws them on the ground, breaking them. "We climb through the window and jump. You two first." Demi nods, understanding my plan. She climbs through the window and guides Kyra outside as well. I'm alone in the room now. If she catches me, I'm dead for sure. I wait, trying to focus. "I SWEAR. IF YOU DON'T LET ME DO THIS I WILL END ALL OF YOU!" "Miley! Are you okay?"