Episode 11: No Control

It all happened so fast. She fell. She fell off the cliff. I thought she would be dead. But as soon as Demi saw her falling, she quickly stretched her arms with a lot of force. She looks down, I don't dare to look. Selena stands there shocked. She didn't mean to do that, you can read it from her face. Is she dead? I quickly win it from my fears and look down. Demi caught her by shoving earth out of the cliff. She lays there, not moving. "Is she..?" I don't dare to finish my sentence. "I don't know." Demi voice trembles. "Miley!" I yell. She doesn't respond. "I.. I didn't mean to.." Tears are streaming down Selena's cheek. "Don't!" Demi shouts. She suddenly looks furious at Selena. She pushed her. She pushed her! The furious eyes bury right through Selena's soul. Even I can feel it. Selena attempts to say something, but Demi cuts her off quickly. "Go away!" "But.." "GET AWAY FROM US!" Demi shouts. I've never seen her this furious. Selena disappointedly lowers her head and starts walking away. She looks at me before passing me, the pain is visible in her eyes. I don't really respond. I just frown. But then I felt it. The moment she walked her steps beside me, I could feel it clearly. A substance so dark and cruel. A sickening, painful poison, running through the veins of the girl who is now walking away from us. I widen my eyes. My hand reaches for her arm. The moment I touch her skin, it's even more clear. She stops and looks surprised at me. I don't know what to say. "You.. you have darkness.. in your blood, I can feel it." Are all the words that my mind is able to form. Selena's facial expression is intriguing. She looks scared at me as if she didn't know. Yet she nods as if she knew all along. As if there are two minds in her body. What is going on? She loosens her arms quickly and runs out of sight.

I turn around and see Demi trying her very best to pull up the earth that caught Miley's body. She's crying, it's not working. I step towards her. She looks at me, devastated, a call for help can be seen in her eyes. I don't hesitate long before I start climbing down. "Be careful." She sobs. She kneels down to guide me. After a few minutes, I finally reach the rock that caught the body. I kneel down in front of her. "I-is she breathing?" Demi shouts from above. I quickly hold together my hair and hold my ear above Miley's mouth. I can hear a stammering weak breath coming from her as if she's in pain. She probably is. "Yes!" I yell. Demi sighs relieved. I carefully pull her on her back. "She needs to get back up." Demi yells. "It's too dangerous here." "I can't carry her and climb back up." I say, brainstorming what to do. Demi quickly gets up. "Hold her tight." She warns. I quickly pull Miley up and hold her close to me. Demi tries to move the rock again, but the attempt fails yet again. I can hear her panicky sobs coming again. "Demi, you must relax. The element reflects your emotions, remember?" I say while looking up at her. The woman, who's around 10 feet above me, looks down and nods. Up to now, Demi only steered earth as soon as we were in danger. She needs to know how to steer it when she's completely aware of it. I quickly notice I have to help her. "Breath in and out deeply." She does as I say. "Now carefully picture the rock in your hand. Hold it as if it's small." I say. She hesitated but then follows. She stretches her arms and cups her hand a bit. "Now lift it." My voice sounds rather calm, yet loud enough for Demi to hear. Finally, I can feel the rock underneath me tremble a bit. "You're doing great." The rock lifts very slowly. I hold on tight to Miley as we finally get lifted back up. I drag her from it as soon as I reach the high grounds again. Demi carefully places the giant rock back down and runs to Miley. She checks her breath, just to be sure. She cups her face and taps it a bit. "Miley?" She begins. I quickly take my water sack and pour a bit over her face. Miley coughs as soon as the water falls into her mouth. She frowns. Demi sighs of relief again, as she still holds her face cupped. "There you are." She smiles through her tears. All of the sudden we can hear a scream coming from afar. Demi and I look scared at each other. "Was that Selena?"

-,,-

I quickly run as far away as I can. I need to get away from here. I shouldn't be here. I possibly killed Miley. I maybe KILLED her. I shouldn't be here. I don't deserve to be here. I don't deserve to live. What is going on with me!? I break down as soon as my feet can no longer run. I place myself against the wall of the mountain and start crying. I can't help it. I was behaving like such a bitch, and I didn't control it. Something's wrong with me. Something's going on and I don't know what. But whatever it is, I can't control it. I can't! I tried to behave, to drive away the sadistic bad thoughts that popped up in my mind. But I can't. And don't even get me started on the pain in my head. It's an agonizing sting that starts in my head and makes its way to the rest of my body. It makes me want to blow off my own head. I pull my knees to my chest and bury my face in them. I'm a danger to people. Nobody understands.  Nobody will ever understand. My mind is going places and it's all dark and filthy. It's taking over my mind. I'm turning into a monster and I cannot drown the demons floating around me. They came so quickly and it's killing me from inside. Demi was right, I am shaking. I'm shaking and I haven't eaten for hours. I can't swallow a single bite. I look at my arms. I look pale. Heck, I even lost weight. The pain is getting worse and worse. I want to make it stop but I can't! I start banging my head a bit. It needs to get out. Whatever it is, it needs to leave! Kyra told me there is darkness floating inside of me. There are demons inside me and they're using my veins like a roller coaster. And I can't make it stop! My cry gets louder and louder. It hurts so fucking much!