Episode 4: Carrying It In Your Soul

Dubalein thinks of her words before speaking. "The world is controlled by the mightiest governments. And sometimes, these governments must keep the truth from its people to protect something from being harmed by us humans. Science is something that most certainly exists, but something scientists tell the world is that spiritual activities do not exist. However, this is not true. The world is actually filled with creatures, so-called 'spirits', but not quite. What I'm trying to say is that the four of you are the 2674th generation of elements. Each four of you are the human form of water, fire, earth, and air. Kyra, you are the human form of water. Miley, you are fire. Demi, earth. And Selena, air." She finishes her story and waits for us to let it sink in.

Me? Air? As in what? Am I some sort of air god? Miley suddenly starts grinning and facepalms herself. She must think this is ridiculous, I don't blame her. Dubalein apparently ignores her reaction on purpose. Maybe she knew Miley wouldn't believe her. But who would? "Wait.. what exactly do you mean with 'the human form of air'?" I ask. "Just as I say. You are air. We have not come to know why, but we know for a fact that the things we cannot explain it's existence of, are being carried in the souls of normal creatures. Things like nature, music, even time."

"I think you've smoked a bowl too much, haven't you?" "Miley.." Demi looks disappointed at her, but that doesn't seem to stop her. "Yeah what. What kind of nonsense is this all of the sudden? Do you really expect us to believe that we're some kind of magical forest witches? I mean yes you have papers, but it proves nothing. Did you disturb the neighbors yesterday? Do you want money?" I place a hand on Miley's arm to stop her. She sits back and crosses her arms. One more sign of bullshit and she will snap. Dubalein looks quite offended at Miley. She remains quiet and looks at the ground. 

My eyes point at Kyra, thinking hard. She seems to take this quite seriously. Although Demi and I still can't really decide what to think of this. Kyra's light blue eyes are stuck on the ground. I've never seen her frown this much. "I believe you.." She suddenly speaks with her foreign accent. All eyes point at her. "Sardaar always told me there was something special about me. I was always the one who needed to be protected the most, he said. He told me to share what I have with the ones I'm destined to be with. Maybe he knew I was chosen." Demi sighs. "Kyra, I really don't think that's what he meant." "No, no, this is good!" Dubalein holds her finger up and nods rapidly.

She suddenly grasps for her shoulder bag and opens it. "See, because water is being carried in your soul, you need to be able to use it and bend it. It will be hard at first but this will prove everything. See yourself as water itself, because you basically are." She places a bowl on the coffee table and fills it with a bottle of water while speaking. "Yeah sure, prove it." Miley mumbles sarcastically. "What?" Kyra looks confused at the bowl. "J-just concentrate on it." Dubalein sounds excited again. "Come, come!" She lets Kyra sit close to it. I can see her feel a bit uncomfortable.

Demi wants to say something but stops herself. My eyes are stuck on the bowl, just like everyone else's. "But.." Kyra looks around not knowing what to do. Dubalein doesn't say a word. Kyra bites her lip and eventually looks at the bowl. We wait. I watch Kyra and every move she makes. She stares at the bowl while biting her lip. She replaces herself and uncomfortably stretches her elbow. "Maybe look away from it. Just feel it." Dubalein suggests. She does as she says and turns away from the bowl, staring at the ground. She does her best, at least. It all doesn't seem to help. Is this woman fooling us?

After a minute or two, Kyra looks a bit mad and sighs to herself. "It's okay Kyra, you don't-" Dubalein stops herself when suddenly Kyra turns back to the bowl and places herself on her knees. She places her hands underneath the bowl and breathes in deeply. It's like she actually really wants this. It looks like she wants to have a purpose. As if she wants to prove to her chief that what he said is true. As if she knew this all along, and wanted to prove herself. Demi suddenly sits up straight, which makes all of us focus back on the bowl. Small slow ripples form in the water. Quivering a little. They don't end higher than an inch. But no movement makes the water move, it happens out of itself. Dubalein gasps. Miley looks wide-eyed at the bowl as well. "Kyra look.." A slight smile appears on Demi's face. Kyra opens her eyes and looks at the bowl. The ripples quickly cease. "He bhagavaan.." She exclaims. I grin excitedly. This is unbelievable. "You did it! I'm so proud of you!" Dubalein almost jumps a hole in the air. "This is for real.." Miley smiles as she realizes it with us.