3

After about 15 minutes of driving, I finally reached the school. I pulled my phone out to call Armani and it went straight to voicemail.

I honestly don't wanna have to get out of this car and embarrass this girl but I will if I have to.

I called again and after 3 rings, she answered.

"Hello? You here?" She said hurriedly into the phone.

"Yeah, I'm in the back." I looked in my rear view mirror as I seen her walk out behind the school's concession stand.

"Okay, I see you."

I hung up the phone and sat it in the cup holder as she got into the car.

"How was practice?" I asked pulling off.

"Same old same old. How was work?"

"Called off today. Ya broke ass brother wasn't feeling good."

She laughed a little turning her head towards the window.

Looking over at her, I noticed a dark mark on her neck and collar bone.

"You on birth control?" I asked her.

"Huh?" The pitch in her voice changed immediately.

I pointed at the hickeys on her neck. "Whenever you plan on being active, if you aren't already, we need to get you on birth control."

She lifted her jacket to cover her neck as she crossed her arms. "I'm good. Ion need it. I'm not having sex."

"But promise me that when you do plan on it, you'll let me know?" I pulled at a stop light and looked her in her eyes.

She nodded her head and shrugged. "Yeah, ight. I promise."

She sunk down into her seat and leaned her head back rubbing at the hickey on her neck.

We rode silently until we reached my mama's house.

"You got an extra change of clothes don't you?" I asked pulling the key out of the ignition.

She nodded before speaking. "You don't have to act like my mama.. I'm perfectly fine. I can handle my own Ashley."

"I'm not acting like ya mama. I'm just making sure your capable of handling your responsibilities because Dreux won't always be there to help you. So I really do hope you can handle your own."

I unlocked the doors as we stepped out of the car going inside of my mama's house.

"Hey Armani." She said giving her a hug.

"Hey, mama K. Anybody in the guest room?"

"Nope, gon and change while I talk to Ashley."

Armani nodded and made her way up to the room. She respects my mama and I'm extremely happy about that.

"Wassup?" I asked dropping my purse on the couch.

"You in some deep shit lil girl."

"Mama, please. What do you want?"

"Girl shut the hell up, Ya bestfriend stopped by. He dropped some sodas off and said you invited him over."

I crossed my arms and nodded. "Yeah? What's wrong with that?"

She laughed in my face. "Ashley please. You, me, and the whole world know you and that boy got some type of chemistry." She shook her head and sat at the bar. "How Dreux feel about him coming?"

"I haven't told him."

"Why not? Cause he gon have something to say?"

"Mama, I haven't even been home since I got the cake cause YOU needed my help getting this set up. Dreux isn't gonna have an issue with Trey coming over." With that, I went up to the restroom to handle my business.

Keith•

"Ayo, mama!" I walked into her shop and rang the bell a few times.

"She's not here." A caramel colored girl appeared out of the back closet wiping her hands on her apron. "She said something about catering a sweet 16."

I must've been staring cause she began laughing and looking around as if there was anyone else in the building.

"May I help you?" She asked. "Wanna leave a message for her or?" She grabbed a sticky note and a pen.

"Nah, nah. Just tell her to call me when she gets the chance to." I turned away to walk out of the bakery until I noticed a wallet on the floor at the very front of the store.

"This yours?" I asked.

The girl shook her head and shrugged. "I have absolutely no idea who's it is."

I opened the wallet up looking for any identification and once I saw who's it was, thousands of thoughts rushed through my head.

I don't know if I wanna take it to her, or leave it here.

God knows I love that girl.

•Ashley•

After finally setting up, I looked in my purse making sure I had a lighter to light the candles tonight before being startled by sudden screaming.

"Ashley!" I heard my name being called from inside.

"Yes?" I asked making my way back into my mama's house.

"You need to talk to Armani.." She held a frown on her face.

"Why?" I became worried as the anxiety built up.

She reached into the small trash she was holding in her arms and pulled out a pregnancy test.

"Mama.." I said trying to swallow the lump in my throat.

"Ashley, you have t-"

"It's mine." I said interrupting her. "I'm pregnant."

|Short? I know. This chapter was kind of a filler but it's also an important chapter to the entire book.|