6.

Three months later...

Keith•
"Hell nah Dre, you know I'm done with them weak ass shoe deals." I picked up a container of baby wipes and dropped them in the buggy.

Me and Dre still cool as fuck but, we ain't as cool. He wanted to come out with me and help pick up a few lil items for KJ before Drea and I spent time away from him.

"Oh yeah, you did tell me that. So where you and Drea finna go?"

"Just a lil hotel downtown." I reached up top and grabbed a package of diapers. "She didn't wanna go out of state cause she thinks he's still too young to be left alone like that. But my mama gon be with the lil nigga every damn hour of every damn day."

Drea and my mama still have their differences but they both agreed to disagree for the sake of KJ.

We turned over to the next aisle and there I saw Ashley.

"Wassup Ash." I said smiling.

She turned towards me and my eyes went wide. She most definitely done picked up some weight since the last time I saw her.

She put her hands, which were full, in front of her stomach, and politely smiled. "Hey Keith, hey Dre."

"Damn Ashley, you looking good." Dre licked his lips and smirked.

"Thank you, but I'm not available anymore." She looked down at my buggy. "Getting stuff for the lil one?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "You?"

"Huh?" She said abruptly. "Ohhh, yeah I just wanted some snacks and the corner store doesn't have the exact kind I want so, here I am."

"Ice cream and pickles, ya favorite combo." I laughed.

I then looked back down at her stomach. This ain't just ordinary weight, Ashley never really gained weight like this. 

"Well, I gotta go. Nice seeing y'all, bye." She said and walked away.

"I think she pregnant..."

"Ashley?" Dre laughed and pushed my shoulder. "Nah, ion think she pregnant. She always said she wanted to get married first."

"She is finna get married nigga." I shook my head and pushed the buggy to the check out aisle.

•Ashley•
"I think he knows Kinsley." I strapped my seat belt in and started the car while holding my phone up to my ear.

"No, he didn't ask. Why would he? That's rude." I said replying to her.

"Just because I'm not showing for real for real don't mean he can't see the weight in my face.. Okay, okay. He might not know but he's gonna know eventually... Okay, call me later, tell my babies I said hi."

Once I ended the call I looked over and noticed that I had left my snacks back in Walmart.

"Fuck." I said to myself before pulling off. I'll just send Dreux out to stock up.

I pulled up outside of my house and saw a 2022 Audi sitting in my garage. This better be one of Naomi's new cars or Dreux's homeboy cause hell no.

I rushed out of the car and into the house. "Dreux? Who's car is this?!" I yelled running upstairs only to see he wasn't there.

"Dreux!" Something told me to check the backyard, so I did just that.

There, I saw him sitting with Anika.

"Hey Ashley," She stood up from the table and looked at me smiling. "I hope you don't mind I stopped by. I just thought I'd show you guys this venue before it gets booked for that day."

Actually, I do mind. I don't want her here with my man, alone.

"No problem." I said forcing a smile. Dreux stood up and kissed my cheek before pulling out a chair for me to sit in.

"Baby, it's perfect. It's an outside and indoor venue. It's called Briza on the Bay and it's amazing." He flipped through the book frantically showing me pictures.

"Baby," I chuckled a little. "Slow down, I haven't got to see anything just yet." I pulled the book closer to me and looked through pictures myself.

Dreux was right, it was perfect for my vision. Everything was just perfect. The whole ceremony could be held on a port, and the reception area looked just like the party atmosphere I wanted.

"How much we looking at?" I asked looking at Anika.

"Well, for the Marina Ceremony Package, which includes everything like the lights, the bar, dj, chairs, tables and all that jazz, you're looking at a starting price of $7,600 per 200 guest. You did say 200 guest right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, Just something small." I looked over at Dreux, who was drowning himself in the pictures of the venue, and tapped his shoulder. "Baby."

"Huh?" He said not looking up.

"You heard the price?"

"Nope, what was it?"

"$7,600 per 200 guest. But that includes everything and it covers both the ceremony and reception."

"Damn, that's a pretty decent price for that nice ass building."

"So, what's the deal? Y'all wanna reserve it?" Anika smiled anxiously at us.

Dreux and I looked at one another and shrugged.

"Sure, but we don't have a date." I said.

"Oh yeah, any day in mind?" She asked.

"A Friday, most definitely a Friday." Dreux interrupted.

"Ohhhh, Baby. How about your moms birthday, May 26th."

He leaned over and gave me a light peck on the lips. "I love you, Ashley."

"I love you too Dreux."

•Keith•

"I'm telling you mama, she pregnant. You gotta see the weight gain in her face. I just know it." I began pacing back and forth through her shop.

"Boy, I highly doubt she is but if it's true, so what? What can you do about that? She's about to get married soon." She shook her head and continued to roll fondant on the cake.

"It's not that it's a problem, it's just.. I don't know." I stopped walking and pushed my hands in my pocket. "Why wouldn't she tell me?"

I could feel her stare at me. "She's not obligated to tell you anything. Just cause y'all can have a civilized conversation, doesn't mean y'all are the best of friends."

She was right. But still, we were extremely close before, what's different now?

Shit, everything.