Chapter 19

New chapter because I hit 300 followers!!!!!

Enjoy!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

   "Monster lies beneath the mask.
For only those who succeeded in the task.
To drink an oath of blood.
And sewing a mouth tightly shut.
To silence a whisper of the past
Of bringing forth the balance of both life and death.
Lighting up a new spark
Will surely fade away into the dark..."

A man's cackling laugh filled the air and soon a scene formed. Bars. I was behind metal bars in a cage in some kind of darkish, unground laudatory.

On the other side of the room was a woman, who was also in a metal cage. Her knees were pulled to her chest and brown eyes seemed almost...empty-lifeless. Clothes were a torn and dirty pale blue shirt and pants like a doctors outfit. Blond hair draped down past her shoulders.

   Through all the dingy dirt and possibly days without hygiene, she seemed like a very pretty woman.

   I searched to find the source of the man laughing but instead found something else.

As I turned my head, the cage seemed to get bigger. That's when figuring out that I wasn't the only one in the cage.

   Quickly, I shot up and scanned the area. The cockpit. I was still in the cockpit and not behind bars.

   My mind settled and found interest in the stars twinkling in the night sky.

   It reminded me of Lothal's dusk sky. In a city, you couldn't see any stars besides the sun. It saddened and bothered me the night Sabine and Zeb were captured. Stars always had a calming effect of some sort but in the city, they never showed. It was always busy.

   Lothal is a small, peaceful town without any bustling sounding and lights. Hearing crickets chirping and watching wild cats roaming through the tall grass on the outskirts of town. It has and always will be my home.

   Lately, I've been feeling home sick. It was hard leaving since that was the only place that I've ever known. Everywhere else was new, big, and terrifying to me. A big change, that's for sure. I don't even know how I'm still alive.

   The sound of a bang cleared all of my thoughts. I turned to face the door that leads out to the next room or the common room. I shot out of the chair, the blanket falling to the ground in a heap, ignored. Without thinking, my hand reached out for the knob, quickly twisting it open.

On the ground laid a heaving Kanan without a shirt and messy hair out of its ponytail. Zeb stood over him, gun pointed down at Kanan's chest.

Zeb was littered in scratches, nose bleeding, breathing heavily, and shocked eyes staring straight at me. I completely froze and couldn't utter a word.

   "E-Ezra, this-this isn't what it looks like," Zeb stuttered, constantly shifting his gaze from me to Kanan.

   "Really? Cause it looks to me like you're trying to shoot Kanan in the chest!" I shouted, not caring who heard. How could Zeb do this to Kanan? Why would he try and bloody murder him?

   I could feel energy course through my veins and charged in the center of the palm. I was outright furious.

   Hera and Sabine barged into the room with guns in hand.

   "What's going on?" Hera demanded, taking in the scene.

   "Zeb is trying to kill Kanan!" I answered, pointing a finger at the muscular man.