Taking Control Part 2

Chapter Seven

The Next Morning

James

"James, wake up."

Cracking my eyelids open, I see Prince's face through my blurry vision. "What?" I ask through a series of groans.

"I need you to come with me to the studio. There's this song I can't get out of my head," he says, shaking my shoulders as I start to fall asleep again.

Looking over at the clock, I groan even louder. "It's four in the morning. Why on earth would I leave this bed?"

"Because I asked you to?" he asks, climbing on top of me.

His warm body presses firmly against mine, and I can feel myself drifting back to sleep. "How can we go anywhere when you're smooshing me?"

"Then come on, woman!" he says, slapping my thigh.

He gets off of me, and I roll all the way across the bed, bringing the covers with me. Getting up, I search for my furry purple slippers.

"I hope you don't think I'm getting dressed for this," I say as I slip on my furry purple slippers.

Coming over to me, he opens the blanket I have wrapped around me to reveal what I'm wearing underneath.

"I see no problem with what you're wearing," he says, grabbing the keys to the Mercedes.

As it turns out, he has connections at Echo Canyon Studios in Jersey, which is a legendary studio in its own right. The second we step inside, he goes straight to the soundboard. Seeing a small couch in the corner, I go and lay down, still wrapped up in my blanket.

After a few minutes of him twisting knobs, he looks back at me and shakes his head. "Come here."

"You're determined to give me dark circles," I say before getting up and taking the seat he pulled up next to him.

He smirks and goes back to doing his thing. "You need a little spontaneity in your life, James."

"Whatever, man," I mumble as I adjust my blanket and get comfortable.

Try as he might, I fall asleep once more for just a little bit before his guitar wakes me back up. Wiping my eyes, I look over at the man who has now woken me up for the second time in a row.

"Looks like sleeping beauty is up," Prince says, smirking, still playing his tune.

Rolling my eyes, I get up and stretch, causing my blanket to fall and my nightgown to rise. I hear Prince gasp and suddenly feel his warm hands on my upper thigh.

"Well, I wasn't expecting this," he says, inspecting every inch of my usually covered tattoo.