Stiles- I'll Always Want This

You pulled back the blinds of your living room window, watching as your brother Scott's dirtbike disappeared down the street. The neighborhood was dark for a few brief seconds after he rounded the corner, but soon a pair of headlights was shining up your driveway.
You broke into a grin and pulled open the door, and slipped out into the warm summer air. The lights were so bright in your eyes that you couldn't see his face when he hopped out of the car, but the familiar silhouette of the jeep told you that Stiles was there, and he was there for you.
He met you halfway after you bounded down the steps, and tugged you close to him. "Scott's gone?"
You nodded, and his lips quirked up. Scott wasn't there to see him lean in and press his lips to yours, but Stiles knew that if he had been, he would kill him. Especially considering the way he was kissing you, which was not church, child, or brother appropriate.
Scott knew you two had always been close, he just didn't know exactly how close. It hadn't been going on for a long time, and it all started after Stiles came back from the Wild Hunt, but you knew Scott would be upset either way.
Stiles wasn't sure what it was about being forgotten that had changed his perspective, but he did know that everything was different. He was getting older and he was growing, but so were you. You were no longer just Scott's baby sister. You were strong, and you were beautiful, and Stiles couldn't believe he hadn't realized how he felt before.
You had been a constant in his life ever since he met Scott, and the thought of you forgetting him had sent him into a panic, especially considering you had been with him the night he disappeared. The way you had thrown yourself into his arms when he got back was just enough to seal the deal for him, and make him realize that he didn't have anything to lose by telling you how he felt.
There was nothing you could do but kiss him when he confessed, and while you felt the same way about each other, you both agreed that you had to keep it a secret from Scott. Your brother was protective, and Stiles was afraid that it would destroy their friendship. After everything they had been through together, you agreed that couldn't happen.
Maybe meeting him in secret when Scott left the house was a little sneaky, but you couldn't just tell your brother the truth. He would kill you, and then he would kill Stiles, and then none of you would be happy. It was much better-and safer-for you and Stiles to keep your relationship a secret. After all, what Scott didn't know couldn't hurt him.
When you finally pulled away from Stiles in the driveway, he was wearing a goofy smile on his face. "So where are we going tonight?"
"I was thinking I'd surprise you," he told you.
You smiled. "Okay, can I have a hint?"
Stiles thought for a minute. "We'll have the place all to ourselves."
You raised your eyebrows. "You're not planning on taking me out to the woods and murdering me are you?"
Stiles gave a sigh of exasperation. "Y/n, come on, you're ruining the surprise. You can't do that."
You rolled your eyes, and Stiles grinned. "Come on. You're too cute to murder. Besides, I'm pretty sure you could kick my ass anyway. You'd probably end up dumping my body in the woods."
"You always say the sweetest things, Stiles."
"Come on, Smartass," he told you with a roll of his eyes. "I'm about to blow your mind."
You laughed and followed him to the jeep. "We'll see."

You watched the trees blur past you in the darkness as you stared out the window of the jeep. Stiles gave your hand a squeeze, and you glanced back at him.
"Is everything okay?"
"Yeah," you said softly. "I'm just thinking."
"About what?" he asked.
"Just...you guys leaving, and my senior year."
"It's not as bad as it seems," Stiles assured you. "I mean, at least you probably won't have your memories erased again. Lightning never strikes twice in the same place and all that."
You scoffed, and muttered "It does in Beacon Hills."
Stiles gave your hand another comforting squeeze. "It'll be alright. I know for a fact you can take care of yourself. You don't need me."
You looked over at him, meeting his brown eyes. "I think we've already agreed that I do."
Stiles opened his mouth to reply, but a pair of headlights caught his eye in the rearview mirror. "Huh."
"What?" you questioned, turning around in your seat.
"Just that car behind us," he told you. "No one really comes here. Like ever."
"Well, we're out here," you said, looking back through the windshield at the winding back road.
A dark car was following behind you, but it was impossible to tell the color on the dimly lit backroad. You noticed it was keeping its distance, but something about it set Stiles on edge.
"Well, yeah, but I'm surprising you with the best date ever."
"Maybe they're doing that too."
"I just didn't think many people knew about this place," he said casually, although you could hear the suspicious undertone in his voice.
"Stiles," you said softly. "Nothing bad is going to happen."
He swallowed. "I know. It's just...I just..."
"It's hard not to be worried," you agreed. "After everything that happened, I totally get that."
"I'm ruining this date, aren't I?" he asked with a frown.
"No," you promised him. "You're not. But I want you to know that tonight is our night. There's no Scott, no supernatural disasters...just you and me."
Stiles smiled softly. "I like the sound of that."
You drove for a few more minutes, and then Stiles took a turn down an even smaller dirt road. As the jeep bounced across the dirt, that car that had been behind you continued down the road and disappeared from sight. You looked over at Stiles.
"See? They're probably just going camping or something."
You watched as the tension disappeared from his shoulders, and his grip on the steering wheel loosened. "Yeah."
He drove down the road for what felt like forever, the radio crackling peacefully between you. It might have seemed strange to be comforted by the noise of a police radio, but the sound reminded you of Stiles, and every moment you had shared in the jeep. It was a sound that told you that, even if it was just for the moment, everything was okay.
Stiles finally turned the wheel and pulled to a stop of the middle of a field. It was a small clearing, and you were a little confused as to why he had just stopped in an empty field, but when you got out of the car, you gasped.
Stiles ran around the jeep, and pulled open the door for you, and as your feet hit the grass, the view alone was enough to cause your sharp intake of breath. Hundreds of stars were shining above you, clear as the light of day.
"Do you like it?" Stiles asked softly.
"It's beautiful," you whispered.
"My mom used to take me out here whenever I had a bad day. We'd lay on top of the jeep, and she'd tell me all the stories of how the stars got their names."
"Can we?" you asked thickly, glancing over at the jeep.
Stiles grinned. "Of course."
He climbed onto the hood and held out a hand to help you up, and when you took it, he yanked you up next to him. You followed him onto the roof and he laid back, patting the spot on the metal next to him.
You carefully laid down and scooted closer, letting out a small sigh of content. Stiles wrapped an arm around your shoulders, and he smiled down at you.
"Do you know any of them?" Stiles asked, gesturing toward the sky.
"Just the big and little dippers," you told him.
He pointed above you. "That one right there? That's Orion's Belt."
"Orion? Like the Greek hunter guy?"
"Yep," he told you. "He loved the goddess Artemis. She was this badass huntress warrior...kind of a righteous bitch too, but Orion loved her. The story says that her brother, Apollo, didn't like that. So one day, he dares Orion that he can't swim out to a spot in the ocean. Then he goes to Artemis, and he's like 'Hey, Sis, bet you can't hit that tiny speck in the ocean.' And she's, like, the goddess of archery, so of course she does, but then, his body washes up onto shore and she realizes she just killed Orion."
"Oh my god," you whispered. "That's terrible."
"There are a few different versions of the story," Stiles explained. "But they all end the same way. Artemis realizes what she's done, and she wants to save Orion, but it's too late. So she takes his body, and she places it with the stars...like a memorial."
"That's not a bad way to be remembered," you said softly. "With the stars."
"Yeah," he said. "Apollo was a pretty awful brother if you ask me. I mean, if Scott found out about us, I'd rather just have him kill me to my face, you know?"
You smacked his arm. "Stiles!"
"What?" he asked.
"He wouldn't do that," you grumbled. "He'd probably try to kick your ass, and he'd lock me in my room forever, but I doubt he'd try to trick me into killing you. He's not that smart."
"He's a lot smarter than you think," Stiles informed you.
"Well, he hasn't found out about us," you pointed out.
"Yeah...but what are we gonna do when I leave?" he asked you.
"It'll be pretty easy to keep quiet when you're not around," you said softly.
Stiles blinked, and swallowed harshly. "Do you wanna break up?"
"What?" you demanded, staring at him wide-eyed. "Do you?"
"No, no, no," he said quickly. "God, Y/n, we just got started. I hate having to leave you. I hate that I won't be here with you, but I'm gonna be halfway across the country. I just want to make sure that you still want this."
"Stiles," you told him, squeezing his hand. "I'll always want this. I'll always want you."
You pushed yourself up on your elbows and moved toward him, and when you pressed your lips to his, he felt his breath catch in his throat. He slid his fingers up to gently cup your cheek, and you shifted closer to him, until you were practically on top of him.
Crickets chirped around you in the summer night, and there was nothing but the sound of you, and Stiles, and the woods. You remembered all the summer nights you had spent with him, most of them before you were even together. Scott was usually there, begging you to leave them alone, but Stiles never minded when you tagged alone. He called you the three musketeers.
"They didn't have a girl," Scott would grumble.
"They do now," you had told him, sticking your tongue out at him.
You would have given anything just to live in of those moments again, before all of the supernatural creatures and the death. So many things had changed, and you weren't going to lie. It scared you.
Your world has shifted so much in the past few years, and you had no doubt that it would continue to twist and turn. You liked to think you handled it in stride, granted, with a lot of tears and blood, but still. With your brother and Stiles leaving, you were going to be the oldest in the pack. You were going to be wise one, the experienced one, and it hadn't been so long ago that you had been the youngest.
Being without Stiles to guide you scared the wits out of you, and you weren't so sure you could handle Beacon Hills without him. You had already seen how well that had gone when the ghost riders took him away.
It might have been terrifying, but the one thing you knew was that you had Liam, Hayden and Mason to have your back. Even Malia might still be there, because she was deciding on whether or not to leave and join Braeden with her mercenary work. The more you thought about it, and the more you melted into Stiles' arms, you began to feel like maybe this wasn't the end of the world. Maybe it was the beginning.
"Stiles," you whispered suddenly, disconnecting your lips.
"Is everything okay?" he asked breathlessly.
You nodded. "It's just...I want you to know I love you."
His brown eyes went wide, and he sputtered with his words for a few seconds. "Y-you mean that?"
You took a deep breath and started to reply, but the crunch of tires on dried grass caused you to look up. Another car was pulling into the field, and in the few seconds it took you to disentangle yourself from Stiles, you realized it looked eerily similar to the car from before.
Stiles sat up on the roof next to you, and he squinted at the car. "Y/n, get in the car."
"What?" you asked nervously. "Stiles, what's going on?"
"I don't know," he admitted. "But I don't like it."
He quickly and calmly slid down from the roof, offering you a hand down. The slamming of doors made you jump, and before you could make a move for the doors, you could see two huge shapes heading toward you and Stiles.
"Stay behind me," he whispered, holding out an arm in front of you. "Can I help you guys with something?"
Now that they were closer, you could see that there were two men, both large and muscular, walking toward the jeep.
"Yeah, actually," one of them called, stopping in the grass. "We're looking for someone. Someone named Scott."
You bristled, but you said nothing. Stiles shrugged. "Uh, Scott who? That's a pretty popular name in this town."
"Scott McCall," he told Stiles. "Know him?"
Stiles shook his head. "Sorry, don't know him. I doubt he'd be out here anyway."
"What about you?" the second man asked, looking over at you.
You shook your head. "No idea. Sorry."
"Really?" the guy asked. "I didn't think someone could forget their own brother that easily."
Every muscle in Stiles' body went taut, and a chill ran down your spine. "Scott's not here, okay? Whatever you want from him-"
"We want her."
You moved closer to Stiles, eyeing the men in the dark. They were both looking at you, and you guessed whatever they wanted you for wasn't exactly pleasant.
"I can't help you."
The first man laughed. "I think you can, Ms. McCall."
Stiles stepped all the way in front of you. "She said she can't."
The man smirked, and glanced over at you. No sooner had you wondered what he was so smug about than you were ripped off your feet with a shriek. A thick, meaty hand clamped over your mouth, and Stiles whirled around with shock on his face. His eyes widened at the third man struggling to keep a hold on you. He must have been hiding farther away and sneaked over from the trees.
You were kicking out and scratching him, trying to wriggle free, and he seemed to be shocked you were fighting so hard. It took Stiles less than a second to rip open the back door of the jeep and yank out his aluminum baseball bat. The two other men stepped forward, and Stiles swung wildly, catching on of them in the face.
Seeing him fight stirred up something inside you as well, and you brought your fingers up and swiped your nails across your captor's face. He yelped and dropped you as you scratched his eyes, and you hit the ground with a thud. You tried to scramble forward, your fingers digging into the dirt, but he picked you back up and slammed you down.
You let out a yelp, and Stiles glanced over in worry. You felt your heart sink, and while he was distracted, one of the other men grabbed the baseball bat in his hands and brought it up to slam into his forehead. You screamed as Stiles hit the ground, blood streaming from his head.
Even after everything you had seen, you had never stopped being terrified at the sight of your friends bleeding out. You tried to crawl toward him, but the man simply dragged you up from the ground and held your arms behind you.
You struggled, your eyes still on Stiles, but soon the other two men were walking toward you. The one who had hit Stiles dropped the bat on the ground with a thump, and you flinched at the sound.
You glared up at them as they came over. The man who seemed like the leader pursed his lips.
"Sorry it had to happen like this, Y/n. It was supposed to go much smoother. We were planning on taking you from your house when your brother left, but then Romeo here showed up."
He gestured to Stiles, and your narrowed your eyes. "What do you want from me?"
"Information," he told you simply. "You tell us how your brother's powers can be taken, and we leave you here so you can drive your boyfriend to the hospital. I'd be surprised if that hit hasn't given him brain damage...unless he already had it before. He seemed pretty stupid to me."
"This is how you're planning to get information from me?" you finally asked weakly. "Great tactic. You're gonna have to try again though."
"Alright, how about this?"
You weren't prepared for the jolt you felt when his fist met with your cheek, but you would later realize you should have been. You tasted blood as you looked back up at him, raising your eyebrows.
"You're gonna have to try a little harder than that," you slurred through the blood.
He raised his eyebrows, looking over at his buddies. "Did you hear that guys? She said harder."
The second one grinned. "We can show her harder."
He stepped forward, curling his right hand into a fist, and to your credit, you didn't close your eyes. You did look away though, and the last thing you saw before you blacked out was Stiles, lying unconscious in the field. If you ignored all the blood, you could almost imagine that he was peacefully asleep, so that was what you did. He was the last thought on your mind when you felt that final, jarring hit, and despite the situation, it made you feel a little less terrified.