6. Breaking news

Kourtney went inside my room and joined me on my bed.

   "Hey ... how are you? Do you know I was worried about you? " She said pouting.

   "I'm so sorry Kourtney ... I think it's the back-to-school stress that gave me a morale slump, and then ... you know it's the first time I'm so far away from my family so it takes a while to adapt. " I tried to explain awkwardly.

   "Maya ... I know that you don't tell me everything. Three days ago you were smiling and bubbly, you were thirsty for adventure and now you look tired and so ... sad. We don't know each other for a long time it's true but if something happened you can tell me about it. I want to help you get better ... really ... " Replied the redhead, taking my hands.

She knew something had happened. She wasn't fooled. I would like so much to tell her alas I couldn't. I didn't want to risk putting her in danger.

But ... maybe if I told her about my brother, my heart would be lighter. It was the moment for me to externalize my past pains. It was time for me to definitely close the book.

Kourtney was a good person, I knew her deep down. I had never had a better friend before. Moreover, this last year had been so hard for me. It's been too long since I've been around more people. It was time to change that.

Kourtney wanted to worry about me. She could help me cure my illness, at least in part.

"Listen ... the other time I didn't tell you everything about my big brother. It isn't easy to tell, then it's a long story and ... "

"I have all my time Maya. " She cut me off.

She smiled sweetly at me and nodded to tell me that I could trust her.

I had to let go, so I gave her my entire story. The assassination of my brother, the long depression after the tragedy, my passion for photography that helped me out ...

Kourtney listened me attentively. She didn't interrupt me at any moment. When I finished my monologue she hugged me.

"I don't know what to say but ... I understand better now ... She sat up and looked me in the eyes. You're a really brave girl. Thank you for sharing your story. You're a fighter Maya, I want to be there to support you in difficult times. "

I felt that she was sincere, it was good to empty her bag. Even though I couldn't talk about "the criminal record with the scary look of Phoenix", telling her about the many hardships I had to face in the past did me a lot of good.

She didn't judge me and gave me no pity. This girl was definitely a rare pearl. From now on I felt lighter.

—————————————————————

We decided Kourtney and I to eat together in the common kitchen of our building. Other students were present including several girls who laughed together a little further from us.

"Last time, I met a girl with a panda head backpack. No, but you see the kind? I didn't even wear that when I was 6! " Burst out a blonde girl in the group.

Do you see the superficial kind? This group was the perfect example. And then a panda it was cute what was her problem?

Kourtney looked up at the sky and gave me a look saying "give up and ignore them". That's what I did. Once our meal is ready, we settle at a table.

"In fact, there is a party organized today, it is absolutely necessary to go Maya! " Confided me the redhead.

"It would be great ... but ... be careful I'll take you the most cliché sentence in the world. I have absolutely no clothes that would go to a party... "

Indeed, apart from old T-shirts and tank tops I can say that I wasn't at all a fashion icon.

"Ok Maya I'll stop you right now. That isn't a problem, I have a ton of outfits that could fit you. We will go to my room for fittings. It's going to be great! It'll be an opportunity to discover other people on the campus, and ... to flirt too! " She exclaimed patting her hands quickly.

My cheeks flushed immediately.

"It's that ... I'm pretty bad for flirting. I don't really have experience with the guys ... " I confessed in a tone embarrassed.

"What?! Do you want to laugh? Cute as you have you had to have some stories no? "

"Euh ... In primary does it count? "

"Ok. We'll seriously remedy this from tonight. " She said with a wink.

We continued to eat chatting about everything when a student turned on the television in a corner of the room.

"But what are you doing? Don't you see that we eat quiet? " Complained the blonde of the superficial group.

"I put the news, it seems that Evann Black was seen in the city. "

Everyone was silent ... Evann Black? I had never heard that name before.

The journalist unpacked the news in the news.

"According to our latest news, Evann Black, Arizona's most wanted murderer, was recently seen by a police brigade in the Alhambra neighborhood in Phoenix. The 23-year-old man is actively looked for several months after killing several individuals. Stay alert. If you meet this person especially don't intervene yourself, call directly the number scrolling at the bottom of your screen "

A photo was displayed in large. I almost spit out my food on my plate. My body began to shake when I recognized him.

His black hair back, and that look of a frightening darkness ... Evann Black. So that was his name ... It was like that we called him...

Kourtney turned to me and detected panic on my face.

  "Maya? She asked me. It's not going? "

My eyes stayed on the television. This dangerous man who had threatened me last night was ... the most wanted killer of Arizona?! 

I couldn't dream worse.