sette.

« love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. »

( this is valentina in the present day)

present day

third person's pov

'run leo run!' she shouts watching her best friend's sister's brother in law dribble with the ball.

'gooal!' alejandro shouts as they jump up and down in celebration.

three months ago, they finished university. their original plan was to travel around argentina, chili and uruguay for a month but lionel said he would pay for them to travel the world.

the pros when your best friend's sister is dating the best footballer in the world.

they are currently in barcelona, in the camp nou, watching a group stage match. barcelona versus juventus and they are currently winning 3-0.

they are both standing by antonella who is looking after her two children mateo and thiago.

'that number ten who plays for juventus is really good.' says alejandro.

'yes he is.' says valentina nodding in agreement.

'hey anto, do you think we could meet some of the team after the match?' asks alejandro to his older sister.

'you've already met the team.' says antonella.

'no i haven't! i've only met javier, sergio, jordi, gerard and luis and that was at your wedding. do you think i had time to engage a conversation? and valentina hasn't met them.'

'alright fine, i'll ask leo.' she says rolling her eyes, 'but i can't promise you anything.'

eventually the game finishes, barcelona winning 3-0. valentina follows alejandro and antonella close by, she's never been to this stadium and she definitely doesn't want to get lost in it with the crowds of people. she follows both of them down all these random corridors, she can't even make out where they're going, it seems like they're going in circles.

she notices her shoelaces are untied, she quickly kneels down and ties the up. by the time she's done she's lost antonella and alejandro.

fuck, she thought as she looks right and straight on. she decides to follow her gut and go straight on.

getting her phone out her pocket, she scrolls through her messages to send one to antonella and alejandro.

'are you lost?' says a voice. she looks up and standing there is a slightly sweaty juventus player.

'just slightly.' she says laughing.

'i would help you but i see you're a barcelona supporter.' he says laughing.

that laugh sounds slightly familiar, she thought.

'huh?' she says confused but then realised what he meant.

'oh the jersey! well yes i am, you see my best friend's sister is lionel messi it would be bad from my part if i didn't support his team.' she explains.

'fair enough, what's your name?' he asks.

'valentina, yours?'

'well valentina, i think the people you are looking for are just down that hallway there.' he says pointing down the hallway.

'really? thank you!' she says with a smile. she walks down the hallway before turning around.

'wait you didn't say what you're name was?' she asks but the player had gone.

|x|

'it's crazy how someone i used to have magazine cutouts in my room ended up being the mother of my children.' says gerard piqué, telling the story of how he met shakira.

'you really love her don't you?' asks valentina with a smile.

'more than anything. the moment i saw her on the set of the waka waka music video, i knew she was the one for me.' he says with a huge smile on his face.

the way gerard talks about shakira, warms valentina's heart. that's the kind of relationship she wants, not only are they so in love but they're also best friends.

'so is there a special someone in your life valentina? or do you prefer being called tina?' he asks her.

'you can call me tina, if you'd like. but currently there isn't anyone special in my life, there never has been.' she replies.

'really? you've never had a boyfriend or girlfriend or anything?' asks gerard and she just shakes her head.

'i'm honestly really shocked because you're really quite beautiful.' he says, 'but if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?'

'i'm 23 but i turn 24 later this year.' she says, 'and thank you for the compliment.'

'hey leo, isn't one of your national team teammates also 24? you know the really attractive one with the nice eyes, is he single?' says gerard.

'you mean paulo? yes, i think he's single. why, does valentina want his number?' says leo.

'no!'

'yes!'

'both of you, leave valentina alone.' says antonella shaking her head at the both of them.

'hey! we're not doing anything, it's not like we're trying to set her up with anyone ugly.' says gerard putting his hands up in defence.

'we should set them up on a blind date!' says alejandro.

'alejandro!' hisses valentina slapping his arm.

'that is a great idea!' says gerard happily.

'but it'll have to be tomorrow before he leaves to go back to italy.' says gerard as leo's on his phone.

'don't worry i'm already texting him.'

'i can't believe you two.' says valentina sighing.

'you'll be thanking us at your wedding don't worry tina.' says gerard with a wink.

'i haven't met the guy yet and you're already talking about marriage.' she says rolling her eyes.

'don't worry tina, i know you and i know paulo. you're going to get along just fine.'

oh leo.