telling

In my backyard there are woods. Just like in books and in movies we where building a fort. It was my cousin, family friend and I. I don't exactly know how the conversation started but they started talking about bad things people do. I hinted towards them about my grandpa. "Is it bad if your grandpa touches you? " I said regretting it as soon as the words left my mouth.
  My mom pulled me to the car to talk to me because in our house there is no privacy. "Did your grandpa touch you inappropriately" She says to break the silence. "What no he wouldn't do that I was just asking them" is said. I defended that asswhole but why because he is my "grandpa". I should have told her right  then and there but I didn't. That was 3 years ago. I didn't want him to get into trouble but I did want him to pay for what he had done. This isn't easy.
  My closest cusin was 17 and I told her all my secrets after my sister had left. One day she was sent to live in California with her aunt. Her aunt was controlling and told her that all her family hated her and we never tried calling for her. We dis but her aunt wouldn't let her have a phone. She was kept there till she was 18. She moved in with us and it was great we stayed up late nights talking and watching movies. She has gone through a lot too and men have hurt you. I guys my family is not really lucky with this kinda stuff. One night me and my cusin where talking and I may have not told her that my grandpa was acting in an inappropriate manner. She wanted to tell me mom but I told her she was not aloud to tell my mom and she didn't . Me and my mom have argued before but never like this we where screaming at eachother. My loud ass mouth told her because I guess I felt she didn't understand why I had been acting the way I had been acting. With in minuets she knew. I didn't give her any detail of what he did. She didn't know if I was still a virgin. She didn't know what he made me do for him. She just knew that he hurt me. Yet once I told her we couldn't do anything. The man that needed to be locked up was roaming around his house free. I wanted him to pay. I wanted him to die alone in a cell. Yet he won't because we can't tell because my mom is worried about what my happen to my step dad. It doesn't matter that I want a different outcome. It's not like I can go create a whole case and press charges on my own. If we did tell I might get tooken away but I would live with family. This man could hurt other people. I am again left voiceless. I can't speak above people who have higher power then me. Why do I care anymore.