Ch.29

Authors notes: Sorry to those of you who o don't reply to straight away, it's just that I'm so busy and I literally just come online to edit and update but I'll try to be more active! Also might change the chapter names to just numbers but I'd like your opinion! And thanks for the constant support :)

[India's POV ] - not edited

"Your back babe, what was Aaliyah calling for?" Shawn asks immediately once I've plopped back down into my seat opposite him.

"Oh, she just called to ask when we'd be back because she's coming to drop off something of mine she borrowed." I reply, sliding my phone back into my pocket.

"Okay then but why couldn't she just bring it over tomorrow when they come over to celebrate my birthday?" Shawn needs to stop with all the questions because I don't have all the answers.

"Shawn," I tell him, "she's your sister! It shouldn't matter and anyway it'll only be for like ten minutes. Don't worry it won't take up any of our time bud, I know you can't bare to be without me for less than a minute."

It's Shawn's turn to role his eyes at me now. It's become a custom between us that it never surprises us when the other one does it.

He leans back into his seat, placing an arm over the back of his chair with a grin on his gorgeous face and replies to me with a, "I think it's you that can't stand to be away from me hun."

"Oh really..." I say, staring him down.

"Uh huh."

"Nu huh."

"Uh huh."

"Uh huh."

"Nu huh-" Shawn says and once agin I've won.

"Hey that's not fair you tricked me." He begins, annoyed that he lost, once again.

Leaning back into the chair as Shawn once did, arms crossed with a smirk placed across my face, "don't hate the player Shawnie boy, hate the game."

"Fine, fine. You win, again." He admits, putting his hands up in mock surrender, making me smile in sweet victory.

"And what exactly is my prize for winning?" I tease.

Shawn puts his thinking face on at this. It's the one where his eyebrows furrow and he bites ever so gently down onto his bottom lip. It's cute, he's cute.

He lifts his head up so that his eyes meet mine and as if a lightbulb has gone off in his head he says, "I might just have an idea..."

"Care to share Mendes?" I laugh lightly, keen on knowing what I've won.

Then he smirks at me and I know he's not going to tell me, "I'm okay actually." Is his response, what did I tell you.

"Are you sure about that?" I taunt, my tactic persuading him to give up the information.

"I'm pretty sure Indie." There's no way he's going to tell me now.

Letting out a sigh of annoyance I lean back into the chair and let out an aspirated sigh.

"Love you babe." Shawn says, with a glint in his eye.

"I do too." Is my response.

We both hold a straight face, staring directly into one another's eyes, not wanting to be the first one to crack under the pressure. Then two smiles appear on the both of our faces ever so slowly and after that comes the full blown laughing. The type of laughing that you can feel right in the pit of your stomach, the best type of laughter.