Ch.37

Authors notes: I know you guys have been wanting drama and it's coming soon so I'm just going to say, be prepared :)

[Shawn's POV ] - not edited

India and I have simply been enjoying each others company over the past few days, spending as much time together as possible. Sometimes we'll go out and discover new places in London and other times we'll just stay in bed on our pyjamas, honestly it just depends on our moods. And of course we've also been visiting Noah, he's been recovering well and has started his rehabilitation stage which India is really proud of him for doing, pushing through the pain.

These past few days I've noticed India's mood changing and no before you ask, no, she's not on her period. It's just little things I've noticed, things she probably doesn't even realise she's doing. It's getting to me if I'm totally honest with myself. I just want her to tell me what's wrong, I'm here for her and I've told her that before, she just doesn't seem to want to open up to me. It hurts.

"Hey bud, are you okay?" I'm brought out of my one am thoughts by India's words.

"Yeah, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up." I reply, looking down at her from her snuggled position underneath my arm.

India decides to move, my arm probably getting uncomfortable to lie on. She now sits up, knees tucked under her chin, myself leaning on my elbow. Something's wrong and I can feel it now more than ever.

"Shawn-"

"India-"

"You first." She pronounce and so I speak up.

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong bud. It's just you've been acting odd lately and I don't know what to do. I've told you you can open up to me yet you don't, so I wonder, don't you trust me? Am I doing something wrong? I just need you to tell me so I can fix it."

"Shawn, you've done nothing wrong. It's me. And no, this isn't the 'its not you, it's me' conversation, it's the 'I'm going back to school in less than a week' talk and I know we've been avoiding it but I can't do that any longer." She says, her eyes avoiding mine.

It's true, we have been putting it off, I honestly don't want to have to think about it. It's stupid I know, I'm the older one here and I should be facing it head on. In a weeks time India will be back at college in her last year and I will be finishing off my last leg of the tour.

When my eyes finally reach hers it's like I can see all of her emotions running through her head. She's told me before that she hates and loves that I can know how she's feeling, and I get it because she is able to do the exact same thing to me.

"Hey bud. Hey, look at me." I tell her and after a few moments she does, her eyes starting to gloss with a layer of tears. "We are going to work this out, okay? Remember when we first met on he plane? I told you once we'd gotten off that I'd have to stick with you, it was to late to leave you then. It may have been jokey then but it's not anymore."

Finally she looks at me, like really looks at me. Her eyes aren't darting to the wall behind me but are connecting with my own. I mean why wouldn't she? Personally I think I'm much more attractive than a wall. Anyway, enough with the jokes.

"You always know what to say, don't you Mendes?"

"I guess I do." I reply, a faint smirk dancing across my face.

"Now don't go getting conceited on me. I can see that smirk of yours Mendes." She says, a faint smile placed on her face.

"Me? Conceited? Never." She shakes her head at my dramatic performance and pushes me away from her but I pull her back in just as soon.