15: Get A Proper Job You Dicks

The title is what Liam had tweeted to the paparazzi, so credits to him.

Chapter 15

Danielle and I are just sitting while eating our ice cream here at Coldstone. We've chatted random stuff and then I realized something.

This is what friends do, right? Laugh their arses off because of their friend's corny joke, talking about something randomly and etc. So, does that mean we're friends? I checked the time in my phone and my eyes widened. It's already 4:44 pm, I'm supposed to be there at five!

"Shit, I have to go. Bye Dani, see you.. soon?" I said.

"Yeah, soon. Thanks for being my new friend." She smiled and I can't help but crack a smile. I just had a friend, that's what I have been dreaming since I was little; to have girl friend. Memories from my childhood came back to my mind and I tried not to remember it.

"Thanks for being my new friend, too." I said.

"Now, shoo! You're going to be late. Bye, bye!" She said and I giggled, walking away from her. I look back to her, seeing her looking at me with a grin. I wave goodbye and she did too.

I just had a friend.

I kept on smiling, I just had a friend! Other people look at me like I am special but I just smile at them. I'm so happy right now, it's like nobody could make me frown. Maybe if I give a shit at people like Danielle, I could have them as my friend. But I'm Allison, a woman who's always grumpy, who doesn't give a single crap about someone and just loves to eat, sleep, read repeat.

Maybe, just maybe, if I change, my life would be much better.

But, something inside me doesn't want me to change. I don't know what to feel. I don't want to change either, but something inside me wants me to change. I should think about that for awhile. I am the owner of my body, right?

Anyway, I finally exited the mall and saw no line at the taxi cab. Wow, mother nature loves me today, huh?

A guard opened the door of the cab and I hopped in. I told the taxi driver the address and he nodded, starting to drive. I grabbed my Beats from my bag, connecting it into my iPhone. I placed the headphones on my head and I picked a song; How We Do by Rita Ora.

I sighed happily, closing my eyes and rested my head on the window.

Finally, the driver stopped driving and I gave him the money. I exited the cab and looked at the tall building in front of me. I walked inside and talked to the guard. He gave me a visitor's I.D. and told me what floor level I am going to then I thanked him, walking towards the lift. I pressed the up button and waited. I hummed along the music then the lift's door opened, causing me to stop humming.

I stepped in, then the doors closed. I looked at the reflection beside me, checking my hair tie if it loosened. All of the walls of this lift are mirrors. I placed my Beats on my neck, fixed my shirt and licked my lips. When the lift dinged and opened, I exited. I opened the door and the coldness of the air conditioned hit me. I walked up to a woman and cleared my throat.

"Hi, um, where is the meeting room located?" I asked.

"Oh, just walk there and when you see the first door, open it. That's the meeting room." She said and I thanked her, following her directions.

I pushed the door open without knocking while whistling. I closed the door and faced the room, seeing the boys, my dad and his other co-workers looking at me then my whistling stopped.

"Uh, hey?" I waved awkwardly and my dad sighed in frustration.

"What time is it, Miss Allison?" My dad asked and I looked at my watch. 5:21.