Chapter 1

Hey new story yayayayy. I hope you like it. Let me know ❤
Also, none of these chapters are edited so if you find any typos or grammatical errors feel free to point out just don't be rude about it please :)

Vicki's POV.

I shiver a bit, as I get out of the crystal blue water, the warm air hitting me, making me grateful. I just got over a cold; I most definitely do not want to catch it again. I stumble over some shells in the ankle-deep water, and I squint my eyes as I look up at the sky, the Cali sun, shining bright as ever.

"Vicki!" I hear a faint voice calling out to me from behind. I look behind and see Beatrice, my best friend, walking towards me with her surf board.

I smile a bit, and continue walking.

I feel sand between my toes, and warmth around my ankles as I step out of the water, and a few moments later, I set my surf board in the sand where our things are, and drop to the ground.

I don't usually like sand sticking to my body, but we have already laid down two towels on the sand.

I shut my eyes for a brief moment, then I hear the sound of another surf board getting stuck in the sand, and hear a thomp beside me.

I open one eye, watching as Bea takes off her costume, bikini-clad as she lies down on her stomach.

She sighs, and a small smile tugs at the corners of her mouth.

"I miss Chris," she says, stupidly.

I giggle, and open my eyes, propping myself on my elbows. I turn my head to face her, arching an eyebrow, and say, "Getting back together, much?"

She sticks her tongue out at me like a little child, and I start laughing, as I lay back down. She maintains a sour face for about three seconds till she joins in the laughter, too.

The laughter soon dies out, and I sigh, closing my eyes. I hear the ocean, and except for a few people surfing and talking, it is pretty much silence. This beach is a rather quaint, kind of undiscovered one.

I relax, listening to the ocean and the waves, only for a moment, before I hear faint laughter behind me.

I roll over to my side, and open my eyes to see Bea getting up, and before I know it or can even do anything about it, I feel fingers tickling my sides and stomach.

I laugh hard as I try to get the hands off of me, but fail epically, shutting my eyes, as I hear Bea also laugh. After a few minutes, the tickling stops, and there's tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I quickly get to my feet, clutching my stomach.

"Charlie," I whine, knowing that it is him.

I open my eyes and let them adjust to the light. And surely, there is Charlie, grinning like an idiot, with his dark chocolate brown hair and perfect set of white teeth.

For a moment, I smile a small smile, but immediately pout, crossing my arms over my chest. "I do not like you, Charles Connelly," I say.

"Yeah, I love you, too, Victoria Gomes," he says and my heart skips a beat, before I remind myself that he meant it, no doubt about that, but only as a friend. I have always had a crush on Charlie, ever since I can remember, from day one when we met, but have never had the guts to tell him. There are three main reasons for this:

One: We have been the best of friends since second grade, and i wouldn't wanna ruin that, since I know he only sees me as a friend, and will never see me as anything else.

Two: He's Bea's older brother, and Bea has often made it clear that it would be weird for her. Weird? Okay. I go with it mostly.

And Three, most importantly: I have a boyfriend.