Chapter 3

Vicki's POV.

I grab another handful of cheese popcorn and stuff it into my mouth, chewing it. I feel my mouth go dry slightly, and grab for the beer on the table. I take a swig, a loooooong one, at that. I make a disgusted face as I watch The Notebook-- the part where Noah and Allie get back together, and have that amazing sex.. that's the part that's going on.

"Fuck you," I mutter, not to anyone in particular.

I shut off the t.v., and stare at the blank black screen for a while.

.

.

.

It's been two weeks since mine and Harry's breakup. Well, not much of one. He kept calling, and I kept letting it go to voicemail, which also, I'd eventually delete without even hearing him out.

Yeah, I mean I was being a bitch. But, I mean the guy fucking cheated on me, can you even blame me??!

Well, I haven't being going out much except for school. Hmmm, now that I think about it.. I haven't gone out AT ALL except for school.

Bea, Charlie, Jack an Wes keep dropping by. The most I ever get out is to walk them out of the house.

I know, I'm being all sad and pathetic but I have a right and a fucking reason!

.

.

.

I stare at the blank screen, when a knock sounds on the door.

"Vick?" I hear a voice, it's Wes.

I don't respond, and he knocks again. "Vict.."

"The door's open, just come in!" I yell in a somewhat weak voice.

I hear the door open, and then footsteps on the wooden floor.

I'm still staring blankly at the t.v., and hear Wes come into the living room.

"Hi," he says, sitting down next to me.

I nod once, not even looking in his direction.

"How are you?" he asks, cautiously placing a hand on my knee.

I nod, forming the words. "I'm, uh..." the words trail off once they leave my mouth, me nodding once again.

Before I even know it, whatever I'm seeing becomes blurry from tears. I start sobbing, as I bring my hands to my face.

"Vicki..." Wes says, reaching for my hands, pulling them away from my face. He hugs me tightly, as I sob into his chest, remembering the events that lead to the breakup, sobbing even harder.

I couldn't decide whether I regret calling him or not. If I hadn't called him, I probably wouldn't be hurting this bad right now. But, if I hadn't called him, I'd probably still be fooled by his act.

Ugh, you know what? I don't even fucking want to think about this right now.

Right now, I just wanna cry and cry and cry a little more.

But, Wes being Wes, wouldn't allow that.

Once my sobs come to an abrupt stop, I look up at him. He looks at me sadly for a moment, before smiling. "C'mon, get dressed."

"What." I say, and he stands up from the couch. He pulls me up forcefully, and says, "We have a rad party to attend, now c'mon, have a shower and get dressed, you look like a filthy mess."

Well, yea talk about subtlety with this guy.

.

.