Chapter 12

I swear I would've updated sooner but I lost everything, and I write on my phone mostly but yay I love iCloud!:)) so it's all back now no worries.

I cried and died like a thousand times while writing this. I really really hope you'll like it bc I spent almost a week writing this, trying to get it to be perfect. I know this doesn't do justice but I feel for Wes. Ok read and pleaseeee do vote and comment.

The last chapter. A few last words. The end.

Wesley's POV.

I know what it's like to leave behind your everything to start off with a nothing. To have your bags packed for the 0700 flight the next morning, waiting outside your best friend's house, debating whether or not to go. God only knows I know how depressing it is to be left alone with the sound of your heartbeat and the engine revving, cause you can't decide whether to drive home and sulk, or face your best friend.

I go for the former, as I start up the car, driving back home.

Hot tears stream down my face as I unlock the door to my house- the house I would soon leave.

*next morning*

But it wasn't easy. I thought it would be. But it wasn't.

I felt nothing but a hollow inside me as I got into the cab, telling the driver to take me to the airport.

"Where to?" He asks, a long way into the drive.

"The airport," I say robotically.

"No. I meant, where you going, from the airport?"

"Oh. Uhhh, New York. Shit."

"What happened?" He asks, looking back at me through the rear view mirror.

"I forgot a picture back at home."

"You'll still have it when you get back," he says, as he pulls to a stop outside the airport. "Have a wonderful vacation, son."

Only then do I notice the wrinkles on his face, when he turns back, his hair is greying. But he's here, he will be; and soon, I won't.

"I won't be coming back," I mutter to myself as I pay him.

And the truth hits me, I understand what Keaton was sulking over, I understand the reason behind every time I heard mum sobbing silently at night. I understand the vacuum created in me; I recognise it as a vacuum, and it can never be filled.

But I would have to live, because that's what you do when you have to leave your everything behind- you try and forget what you left.

The black stroller bag rolls off the ground as I pull it towards the counter. I take care of my tickets and whatnot, listening to music through my earphones the entire time.

Mom and Keaton will be waiting for me in zNew York, but I stayed back so I could write some exams and the school could authorise and arrange for a stupid transfer certificate.

With the tickets in my hand, my stomach and heart do quite depressing backflips inside of me as I turn around, but I don't see just the entrance to the airport. See, that way, I would've broken down perhaps in the plane. But no, I saw all my friends- Stephanie, Bea, Jack, Charlie and Vicki. And that way, I cannot stop the soft, hot tears that stream down my face somewhat subconsciously.

"We.. We wanted a proper send-off," Bea says, as if she is choking on each word.

"Okay." Is all I can say without completely breaking down.

"Wesley," Stephanie says, reading out from a piece of paper. "Those parties would've meant nothing without you because you're just the party animal and thanks to you, I got with Jack." I smile, and Jack sorta smiles, but no one else does. "And just knowing someone like you, who's such fun, and such an amazing person altogether that few words and two minutes can't say. I.. I got a little souvenir. You know, to remember me by."