MY OH MY

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter seven - MY OH MY

December 10, 1998 - Three weeks later (5:22pm)

"Kiss me at midnight. Dance into the morning lightttt. Party into the new year." *N Sync was in the studio recording a Christmas album at the last minute. They were so busy with touring that they had to record at different studio locations after shows. The deadline was a few days before Christmas.

"I've been waiting for this special night. To be with youuuu." Joshua was in the sound box recording his verse after the five guys recorded the chorus. Justin sat on the sofa in the studio texting away on his phone with two people. One was Beyoncé and the other was Britney.

Bee Thurs, Dec 10 5:56pm
So when are you finished? I'm eating a whole pizza by myself ;)

He sat back, chuckling softly as he began texting back.

Justin Thurs, Dec 10 5:57pm
I thought you were saving me some. I'll be there soon.

Justin Thurs, Dec 10 5:57pm
Miss you

A text from Britney popped up on his screen.

Brit Thurs, Dec 10 5:58pm
I'm bored. But guess what?

He quickly texted her back.

Justin Thurs, Dec 10 5:59pm
What???

Brit Thurs, Dec 10 5:59pm
My album is out next month. AND I'm scheduled for a tour!!!! So excited!

Justin Thurs, Dec 10 6:00pm
That's awesome, Brit. Soon you'll be up there with us lol

After the session, the guys headed back to the hotel. As soon as he got to his floor, he pretended to enter his suite. He waited a few moments just to make sure the other guys were in their hotel before leaving and making his way to Beyoncé's suite.

Beyoncé quickly hopped out of the shower, throwing on a robe on her way to the front door. She didn't even bother looking through the peep hole because she knew who it was. So she yanked the door open; her smile instantly fading. "Dad?"

"Hey, pumpkin." She watched her father invite himself in suite. "What are you doing?"

"I..." She peered out of the room to search the hall for Justin. He was going to show up at any minute. This was bad timing. "I just got out of the shower. Why? What's up?" She shut the door, turning to face him. At the time, he was going through her refrigerator in the kitchen.

"I thought I'd stop by and check up on you. You were telling me how your head was hurting earlier."

"Well I told you. I was just tired. But I got some rest." The sound of a knock brought her attention to the hotel door. Her heart skipped a beat that moment. For one, she knew who it was. What was she going to do?