CRY ME A RIVER

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter twelve - CRY ME A RIVER

A little over 2 years later (March 1, 2002)

The five guys of *N Sync were on their final leg of The PopOdyssey Tour. They were on the tour bus driving to their next stop. Justin sat at the table near the window writing some lyrics down. He was in the process of working on a solo project. After being approached by Pharell Williams from The Neptunes, ideas sparked. They also worked with the producer for this latest album on their track, Girlfriend.

"Hmm hmm." He grabbed his guitar sitting on the chair next to him and began playing some strings.

He hadn't seen Beyoncé in over a year. And last time he checked, she was also working on some solo work. The last time they spoke over the phone had to have been six months ago. Being that they were so busy. On top of that, he was busy with his girlfriend Britney who had just finished the first leg of her tour in December.

His phone vibrated in his jeans. He quickly reached in his pocket for the device. His eyes focused in on the familiar name on the screen. "Hey!" He answered while placing the phone to his ear. "Yeah. How's everything? Still on the bus. Tired. Hungry. Ahaha. Horny. Ha-ha." He continued talking to his girlfriend while watching the buildings as they drove by. "Oh...okay. What's up? Everything okay? What? Why?" He slowly sat up; the smile on his face fading. "Why am I calling Wade? Brit?" He heard a click. "The fuck..." He quickly searched for his friend, Wade Robson's number on his cell phone, speed dialing him in. The phone rung three times before he answered. "Yo, what's going on? Brit just called me and she told me to call you. She sounded like she was crying or something." He sat back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. "I don't know. She just told me to call you. Wade, dude...what the hell is going on? Really. I'm goin' around in circles now. I just spoke to Brit and she wouldn't tell me so she told me to call you. So what's up?" He kept quiet, listening to the other guy on the phone talk. Then he mentioned a one night stand with his girlfriend which turned into more than ONE night stands. "What?" His heart started beating faster. "You're fucking with me right now. Please tell me that. Wade...what the hell is going on? Is this some kinda joke?!" He raised his voice. JC and Joey quickly looked over at him. He seemed upset as he spoke on the phone. "She calls me and acts like everything is okay. Then she's talking about we need to talk but I should call YOU first. Now I see why. She was too afraid to tell me herself. She was too afraid to tell me that she's been fucking you? What the FUCK is this, man?! I don't care. DO THAT!" He threw his phone across the bus, nearly hitting JC in the head.

"Whoa. Dude..." He stood up, rushing towards the front where the driver was.

"Pull the bus over." The driver quickly looked back at him.

"What? We're on the high..."

"I don't care! Pull over. PULL OVER!!!" He shouted. "Just pull the FUCKING BUS OVER!!" He bashed his fist in the wall repetitively. Nobody had ever seen him this angry. None of them.