FAMILY MATTERS

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter twenty-nine - FAMILY MATTERS

13 months later (December 12, 2012) - 8:00pm

Fours hours before the surprise release of Beyoncé's album titled, Beyoncé. No one knew about the release. Not even her own husband. She was in Orlando, Florida visiting the sites of Walt Disney World with Justin, her sister and Daniel. The four arrived at the resort a few hours ago and weren't visiting the parks until the following day.

"Look who I found snooping around." Justin entered their bedroom in the two bedroom suite holding Daniel in his arms. "He was hiding behind the door when I saw him."

"No I wasn't." He immediately started to tickle him. "AHAHAHAHA!!!" He burst into laughter.

"What did I say about lying? Hmm?" He laid him down on the bed, tickling him some more.

"Okay! Okay! I give up! Ahahaha."

"Why were you hiding behind the door?"

"I was...um...I was investigating."

"Oh really?" He took a seat on the foot of the bed beside him. "Investigating what?"

"Auntie, there's a culperd (culprit) out there. He's targeting women."

"Oh look at that." Justin teased with a laugh. "Targeting? When did you learn that big word?"

"I saw it on TV." He held up a magnifying glass. "See." He pointed it directly at him.

"What? You're saying I'M the culprit?" He nodded yes. "Ahaha. Come here." He shot up, attempting to run out of the room. He was swept off his feet and thrown over Justin's shoulder. "You wanna go swimming? I saw a BIG pool outside earlier."

"Yes!! Mommy! Mommy!" Beyoncé could hear him on his way down the hall with Justin.

Two hours later (10:11pm)

Just a little over an hour left before the release. Justin entered the suite with Daniel; the both of them dripping with pool water. "You gotta take a shower first." Solange was on the sofa re-twisting some of her natural hair a the time with the two made it back. "There's your mommy."

"Mommy, Justin showed me how to dog paddle."

"He did?" Daniel climbed on the sofa next to her still wet from being in the pool. "Daniel, what are you doing? You're soaking wet." She quickly stood to her feet. "Come on. Bath time. You should be in bed right now. Justin, I thought you said you would have him back at ten."

"It is ten." He replied on his way to the bedroom.

"No it's not. It's ten-fifteen." He laughed faintly.