RATED R

Italic - inner monologuebold - pastbold italic - dream

bold - past
bold italic - dream

Chapter thirty-three - RATED R

The following morning (December 30, 2012) - 7:00am

Justin laid in bed with his wife sleeping. He hadn't fallen asleep until four that morning; up talking with Beyoncé about mainly Solange and what they were going to do. He was awoken by someone shaking him. "Justin?" He groaned, slowly opening his eyes that automatically landed on his wife's back. She was laying in front of him on her side in the fetus position still fast asleep. "Justin?" The voice repeated. He quickly looked back to see a little boy standing at his bed side. "Justin, mommy's not here." He rolled over on his opposite side to face him. "Where's my mommy?"

"She..." He hesitated. They had already figured out what they were going to tell him so why was he lost with words? Was it because this seemed harder than it looked? Lying to him like this. "She'll be back. She had to leave for a few days but she'll be back. Guess what?" He sat up in bed. "She asked me to watch you while she was gone. So you know what that means. You get to eat all the junk food you want AND you get to stay up late with me." A smile slowly formed upon his lips.

"Really? Can we play games too?" He nodded yes. "Yes! This is so awesome! Can I have ice cream any time I want?"

"Uhhh..." He looked back to make sure Beyoncé was still asleep. "Only when your aunt isn't around. Come on. Let's go make breakfast." He stepped out of bed. "We're gonna make your aunt breakfast. She was very sad last night."

"Why was she sad?"

"Just...something made her very sad. So we're gonna make her breakfast. It'll help cheer her up."

"Can we make waffles? Oh and eggs and bacon!!!"

"Sure."

"Can you carry me on your back?"

"Yeah but ONLY if you do me a favor. You have to first wash your face and brush your teeth. We'll do it together. The last one is a rotten egg."

Moments later

"Ready...set..." Justin and Daniel stood in front of the two sinks in the bathroom holding a toothbrush in their hand. "Remember, you have to brush every tooth. Okay?" He quickly nodded yes. "Ready...set..." Daniel watched him closely with his toothbrush to his lips now. "...GO!!" The two immediately started brushing their teeth.

Justin was finished brushing his top and bottom teeth and began gargling out his mouth. He even tried slowing down a little to allow Daniel to catch up.

He took a moment to try out the new tongue scraper he purchased the previous day. "What's that?"

"It's a tongue scraper. It gets all that nasty...goop stuff off your tongue. Old food particles. Guess what?" He reached in the cabinet for another one. "I got you one too. Now hurry. We're still on a time limit."